EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: America the Beautiful seniors pass good for camping on BLM and LTV areas??  (Read 3024 times)

unsinkable777

• ---
  • Let's get this ADVENTURE on the road :)
We are just in the process of getting an America the Beautiful seniors pass, and wondering if it entitles us to stay at LTV camping areas for free. Also, what other benefits will it give us? We are full time rvers, and love spending time in Quartzsite and other BLM areas, as well as National Parks and Forests.
Thanks for any advice. xo
From Chilliwack, B.C., and eager to head south in December for 6 wks, on our "maiden voyage". YAHOOOOOOO!!!! Here we go!

halfwright

• ---
Jim And Darlene Wright
Full-timing with
Ryder, half poodle-- half garbage disposal
All in a
2007 Montana Mountaineer
2002 F250 Super duty 7.3 liter

unsinkable777

• ---
  • Let's get this ADVENTURE on the road :)
Thanks Jim and Darlene. I had already seen that site, but it doesn't really specify that LTV areas would be free. I am going to assume that they are included.  ;)
From Chilliwack, B.C., and eager to head south in December for 6 wks, on our "maiden voyage". YAHOOOOOOO!!!! Here we go!

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Although we've had the Golden Age Passport cards for years, we have always had to pay when staying at the Quartzsite LTVA.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Mopar1973Man

• ---
  • Dodge Cummins Powered / Jayco Eagle Living
As far as I know the Golden Age passport is going to cut prices in half typically.
Mopar1973Man (AKA: Michael Nelson) located out in the state of Idaho with...
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel
2000 Jayco Eagle FBS 296
2013 BigTex 70TV Utility Trailer

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
I've never heard of anyone getting a discount on LTVA fees, except for campground volunteers getting free admission in return for their work.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:59:23 PM by Lou Schneider »

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
The BLMs LTVA website specifically says the the America the Beautiful card is not accepted.
http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/recreation/camping/LTVA.html

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
The LTVA areas do not give a discount for the senior pass. There are signs up in the kiosks. But there are plenty of 14-day free BLM areas around Quartzsite.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:47:28 AM by Wendy »
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
We are just in the process of getting an America the Beautiful seniors pass, and wondering if it entitles us to stay at LTV camping areas for free. Also, what other benefits will it give us? We are full time rvers, and love spending time in Quartzsite and other BLM areas, as well as National Parks and Forests.
Thanks for any advice. xo

You mention you are trying to get a American The Beautiful Senior pass and I see from your message you reside in British Columbia.  According to the US website http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm   you need to be a US citizen to obtain the pass; however you might have dual citizenship so it could be available to you.  Here is the excerpt from the website: 

Senior Pass

• $10 Lifetime pass
  • For U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
  • May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using this application form. The cost of obtaining a Senior Pass through the mail is twenty dollars ($20). Ten ($10) for the Senior Pass and ten ($10) for processing the application. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship.
  • May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services.
  • Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
Marsha~
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:55:03 AM by Marsha/CA »
2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Ok, this is what I have found.. IT varies

Some it works, Some it does not, Some it works.. Sometimes and not others.

I normally spend time in COE and other parks where it works 100% of the time.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
We found it's no good at Mt. Rushmore -- seems the parking is a third party vendor, and they don't accept that card. There are other places, also. Note that the LTVA areas at Qz are $40 for two weeks, so not exactly expensive, and for that you get access to their dump and fresh water fill.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
Yeah, Larry's right. At Quartzsite, you're paying for access to their dump station and fresh water. If you don't need those services, and you don't mind being a few miles further away from Quartzsite, try camping near KOFA (south of Quartzsite). The surroundings are every bit as beautiful and you can stay for two weeks for free. (Go east from Hwy 95 from the Stone Cabin turnoff and you're there.)

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

Hosted by Over The Network