Our project trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paint, paint....oh yeah....Paint. lol New pics in my Flickr album. (Link is in my signature)

Here is my painting process, for anyone interested.  ;)

I did my best to smooth the walls (filled in holes and cracks with wood filler) took off all the cabinets and made sure to label them. Removed all the door hardware and cleaned them with TSP to prep for painting. Then patched and sanded the front of all the doors. I sanded the walls where they needed it. I then cleaned EVERY surface thoroughly with TSP. I let everything dry overnight. (oh, forgot to mention; since my RV is an older model, I had all the rubber welting cord in between all the cabinets. I had to remove all of that with an exacto knife.) I painted every surface with once coat of Behr Premium Plus paint in eggshell white. Let dry overnight. Then painted the surfaces remaining white again. (cabinets, doors, ceiling.) The back behind the bed is getting a faux barnwood treatment. The walls will be a pale buttery yellow. I think I'm also going to remove all the light fixtures and spray paint them white. I hate the yellow they are. I will probably end up with three coats of white when all is said and done. I hope that helps anyone who wants to paint their RV.  :)

Goodness, the open walls. Glad to see you're plugging along! We t ok out the round type booth dinette in the new to us camper, and out in an L shape dinette bench. I finally finished the seat cushions. The material moves a bit, so I'm going to add a thicker layer of bat to the top of the foam.

Thanks Dougie. It's all good. It will look great when I'm done. I was able to pick up some click together laminate flooring for free from Craigslist. (Score!!) We are finally getting some decent weather, so my plan is to get her all buttoned up and water tight. Then, finish the interior. Slow and steady!  ;D

Well, keeping at it with a smile for 2 years shows you will get her all buttoned up and swish!! I showed someone your project photos today which got me to thinking (uh oh..) about doing something similar back in the UK with a trailer in a couple of years. After next year's trip (to Alaska), we may (may) feel that 8 years' fabulous adventuring in the US & Canada is enough, and revert to doing home-based travelling in the UK and Europe. We did plenty of that when the kids were young. We do have a nice 4-berth trailer but it's relatively small (i.e. you have to make the bed up each night and it has no on-board water tank or water hook-up) so a little light has flickered in my head today, thanks to your Flickr pics! ??

Dougie.

Always glad to be of service.  ;) I'm sure I would be farther along if we didn't have budget constraints. And we lost on of our fur kids not too long ago, and I'm having a hard time dealing with the loss. Our dogs are our kids...so it was a hard blow.  :( But, I'm moving along.  8)

Back
Top Bottom