Rose Parade by RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palibs

Attending the Rose Parade by RV doesn't have to be a challenge.

SOI Motorhome Club has been providing our guests a memorable experience for 35 years. Our RV Parking at Santa Anita Racetrack is one of the closest to all of the activities. 30 Amp power is provided along with a honey wagon midweek. Most of our 9 catered meals are in the Big tent along with our evening activities and our New Years Eve Party with a live band. Coach transportation is provided throughout the rally to all of our events which include, working on the Sierra Madre float, Guided tour of Huntington Library, San Antonio Winery, Bandfest, visit to the Float construction area, the best Premium Reserved Seating on the parade route followed by Post Parade float viewing on Sierra Madre Blvd. We also spend a day at the races, dining at the Frontrunner Club while we enjoy the races.

To reserve your space at this exceptional rally go to www.soiclub.com. All types of RV's are welcome and we have a hotel option if you prefer to not bring your RV.

SOI Motohome club is a non-profit group of RV owners (a chapter of FMCA) made up entirely of volunteers.

If you have questions please contact me at [email protected].

That is something I would like to do some day once I get a new motor and pay for it... And wait there's more.....

Most folks do not know this but there is a rather large group of folks who provide communications up and down the parade route.. They are Ham Radio operators.. Using hand held and other radios along the route and repeaters located high up somewhere nearby (last count 3 of those) they pass radio "Traffic" (information) up and down the rote to insure that if,, Say,, a float has a mechanical problem we do not get a jam up but an orderly stop/start... If  a marcher faints or other wise goes into medical distress an EMT crew with tranport is swift to arrive and so on... These folks do a marvelous job.  And I, though never involved with a Rose Parade.. have assisted in that capacity on several other parades..  Still.. I can lock my radio into LISTEN ONLY and listen into the net.. Very nice.

Your link (Thank you) now stored in "Stuff To Check Out".

palibs said:

All types of RV's are welcome and we have a hotel option if you prefer to not bring your RV.

Paul, are you saying fifth wheel and tag along trailers are also welcomed?  Not just motorhomes.

Rene T

Yes, trailers and 5th wheels are welcome at our rally. In fact everyone is welcome, we just happen to be a Motorhome Club. SOI stands for Sports Coach International and was originally a manufacturer's club for Sportscoach Motorhomes until they went out of business several years ago. It has continued since then as a social and travel club.

Paul

I lived 60 miles north of the Rose Parade but I never attended one. It is way too crowded and you had to arrive the night before to secure a spot and camp out in the street. Many times it was way too cold. But what I did do was go the next day. You see at the Rose Parade the people stand in one spot and the floats move. The day after the floats are all parked and the people move. You can get much closer to the floats and admire the work that goes into making them.

But even better than the Rose Parade is the Doo Dah Parade held on Thanksgiving weekend on Colorado Blvd. Way too hard to describe so here is a partial list of entrants;

...BBQ & Hibachi Marching Grill Team, the Shopping Cart Drill Team, the Bastard Sons of Lee Marvin, the Men of Leisure Synchronized Nap Team, The Marching Lumberjacks, The Army of Toy Soldiers, Claude Rains & the 20-Man Memorial Invisible Man Marching Drill Team, Uncle Fester, Count Smokula, and the Committee for the Right to Bear Arms, a group that marches in precise formations while carrying mannequin arms.

http://pasadenadoodahparade.info/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom