Will my truck camper fit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I have a truck camper and I'm selling it. It's for a 6 1/2' bed. I have a guy interested but he has a 8' bed on a 3/4 ton PU. We're wondering if this camper would work in his truck.  It would give him over a foot storage space in the front between the camper and the truck bed.  Has anyone ever done this?

I assume you are talking about a cap, not a truck camper?
Either way, I think he should get the right size....wasted space and it would look weird

There should be a center of weight distribution on the side of the camper, it should be foward of the rear axle.  If not it will not work.

Jere and Laur said:
There should be a center of weight distribution on the side of the camper, it should be foward of the rear axle.  If not it will not work.

You are right Jere and we did check that. The C/G would end up being about 1' in front of the axle. I think it would work. He could use the space in front of the camper for storage like folding chairs and a small cooler.

I could see building a custom storage bin to fit in front of the camper - this would fill the space nicely. Of course, I would probably just end up tossing stuff in the empty space since it's much easier!

Joezeppy said:
I could see building a custom storage bin to fit in front of the camper - this would fill the space nicely. Of course, I would probably just end up tossing stuff in the empty space since it's much easier!

He was thinking about building some type of box.

Back
Top Bottom