Mini Rally 2 Shediac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

Gary and Maria set up in our back lot and we enjoyed showing them a few highlights of the local area.  It has been cool and damp, but since they are from Southern California, I think the weather was a not an impediment.  Although many visitors to the area, including Gary and Maria have visited the Hopewell Rocks, we had a treat when we went to the Plover Ecocenter and they had a telescope set up, intended to see the Plovers feed and nest, but it is directly across the 6 Km (3 1/4 mile) estuary from the rocks, and we could see tourists wandering the ocean floor.  Unfortunately it is too mucky to wander out at that location.
    They leave today to continue their travels in the Maritimes, and we hope to catch up with them and the Dodds & the Wishards near Halifax in a week or so.

Ed & Donna

Attachments

• Gary,Maria,Donna, Ed.jpg
    Gary,Maria,Donna, Ed.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Maria at Ecocenter trailhead.jpg
    Maria at Ecocenter trailhead.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 36
  • Plover overlook with the tide out.jpg
    Plover overlook with the tide out.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Plovers coming in for a landing.jpg
    Plovers coming in for a landing.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 41
We thoroughly enjoyed camping at Ed and Donna's place.  Got to experience areas of New Brunswick most visitors will see only by accident.  Will hopefully connect again in Halifax for a bit before continuing our journey.  We didn't make it far today.  Stopped at a Walmart and while hunting for some canned mushrooms and ran right into Larry's better half, Loretta Dodd.  While we were planning on going a bit further, we decided to spend the night in Amherst at the same campground as Larry and Loretta.  Another plus is that Henry and Margaret Wishard are here as well.  So we enjoyed another happy hour and mini rally with the group. 

Having a great time here iat Peggy' Cove, Larry and I got to do a little fishing yesterday. We are all staying at King Neptune R V park here at Indian Harbour. We found this park with help from Betty Brewer's blog. They have great Wifi and we are parked with a great view of the ocean.
  Tonight is our famous " Bring your own steak night"  Looking forward to a great day.

Have you been to the lobster pound?  So glad you are enjoying this adventure and happy that my notes have given you some tips!

Betty, we have been to several lobster pounds and the waistline is showing it. Heading for the Cabot Trail Monday.Then after 4 days in Sidney over to Newfoundland.

Fun times in the Maritimes, Donna and I just returned home after a great evening and BBQ with the travellers at King Neptune.  Pictures to follow, likely on Larry's string.

Ed

PS: It was sunny with a terrific view of the sunset.

Ed and Donna it was great seeing you guys again after meeting you last year in Quartzite. Had a fun evening and yes the sunset was magnificent.

Henry Wishard said:
Betty, we have been to several lobster pounds and the waistline is showing it. Heading for the Cabot Trail Monday.Then after 4 days in Sidney over to Newfoundland.

We took the Cabot Trail about 3 weeks ago after stopping and visiting with Ed and Donna at their cottage. The ride was spectacular. I wouldn't recommend driving it with a big class A. Use your toad unless that's all you have is the Class A.  I believe it's about a 5 hour drive (185 miles) all the way around and it all depends how much stopping you do.  Some people say take the clockwise route and some say take the counterclockwise direction. I don't see where it would make any difference.  I took the counterclockwise direction. 

Back
Top Bottom