Buying Factory Direct

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freedom5

The Rumor is that Augusta Rv is going to a factory Direct business model.  I am currently looking for a unit to full time in. I have looked at New Horizons, Continental Coach, DRV, and Augusta Rv.  I have compared all four and all four are very similar when it comes down to frame, brake system, structure, R values, Slides, Leveling system, and Tanks.  DRV is the only company that dose not use an I beam but instead uses a box steal frame.  Augusta uses the same frame that Teton used, I beam. New Horizon and Continental Coach also use I beam.  New Horizons is the only company that uses Drum brakes as a standard which makes no sense to me. The other three have disc brakes as standard.  Both Augusta and DRV have 3 1/4 thick walls while New Horizons and Continental have 2" thick walls.  Augusta Rv is the only company that has 6 point equalizer leveling system as standard.  Both Augusta Rv and Continental Coach have custom made Dovetail drawers while DRV and has staple drawers.  I could not find what type of drawers New Horizon has.  Augusta Rv has the smallest tanks of all three, Fresh 80 gallon, black 40 gallon and grey 80 gallon.  The other three have fresh 100 gallon, Black 70 gallon, and Grey 70 gallon.  All four companies do customization.  New Horizon and Continental Coach do the most customization.  The biggest difference is price; New Horizon and Continental Coach are at 225,000 MSRP.  DRV's Mobile MSRP is 140,000, Elite's 170,000 MSRP.  Augusta Rv I heard is selling theirs factory direct at a starting base price of 103,500!!!  I also heard that they are going to a full profile, 101" wide body.  Any advice on any of the four companies would be a huge help.

Back
Top Bottom