2016 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seem Catalina state park is a hot spot for New years . I went in to book a spot and there are a few spot left in area A . I was thinking it would be a nice lay over for the ATV rally an Quartzsite rally .

Loop A is not far from B. At least the park has upgraded loop A power from 30 to 30/50 AMP and has added electric and water to the sites in A that used to be dry camp.

I'll run this past the old lady and see what she thinks but I have some questions for you. Is this event appropriate for our young family with mini bikes and gokarts?

supermanotorious said:
I'll run this past the old lady and see what she thinks but I have some questions for you. Is this event appropriate for our young family with mini bikes and gokarts?

To my knowledge there really is no place at the park for go-karts, mini bikes or quads in the State Park, maybe because of the equestrian trails (there is a horse camp in the park). In the past there haven't been any kids at this rally. We do see some families in the park with kids but not nearly as many as in the summer.

ken

Just to get everyone attending some ideas to thinks about for this years rally.

This rally is about "winding down" after the holidays and enjoying the friendships. We typically do things like going to the movies, dinners, and various field trips depending on the wishes of the attendees.
Last year we had an evening of bowling and everyone had fun.
There will be a Happy Hour every day if the weather allows and there will be a News Years get together in one or more of our RVs.

Local trips can include:
Note: many folks have done many of these so they tend to be small groups that get together to go. Not all are done every year, its up to the group to decide.
A trip up Mount Lemmon (via paved road)
Hiking at the State Park
Saguaro National Park
Kitt Peak National Observatory
Biosphere 2
Arizona Sonora Desert Museum
Pima Air and Space Museum
Titan Missile Museum
Old Town Tucson
Tubac (Artists) and Tubac Presidio State park
This year we are thinking about a day trip to Kartchner Caverns

If anyone has any other ides that like to suggest feel free to post it here, or just bring it up at Happy Hour.

Richard,

I'm glad you and Liza were able to work that out. I thought it best to have her contact you directly to make the arrangements.

See you soon.

ken

A suggestion for the group to consider. If you plan a day trip to Kartchner Caverns, you might also include a stop at the Parrot Sanctuary which is also in the Benson area. See: https://the-oasis.org. They have over 700 birds there. Visits are by appointment only.

Once again we are forced to cancel our trip to Tucson. Life happened in the Beard household.

Chet18013 said:
A suggestion for the group to consider. If you plan a day trip to Kartchner Caverns, you might also include a stop at the Parrot Sanctuary which is also in the Benson area. See: https://the-oasis.org. They have over 700 birds there. Visits are by appointment only.

Chet, Looked at a map and I think this might be too much for one day. Kartchner and lunch will pretty much fill a day, but in the end it is up to the group to decide so I will put it on the list.

thanks,

ken

Ken, how many are we up to?  Merry Christmas to you both!

ArdraF

After checking the weather Margaret and I almost canceled. We decided to try and outrun Mother Nature. Instead of driving the 1,050 miles in 3 days we would do it in 2 days. After 610 miles today we ended up in Van Horn , Texas. Hope tomorrow goes as well as today. We will spent the night in Benson tomorrow visiting Chet, Laurie, Dan and Jeanine. See you guys sometimes after lunch Sunday.

Henry,
With that kind  of mileage you are gonna need the rest and relaxation of our Tucson rally.  I  hope you don't hit the winds we  are having here in Yuma.  I have been up and down our street this morning righting the neighbors trash  barrels.  I  know what they had for dinner, what they  got for  Christmas, what they drank, and just how many bottles of wine,  whiskey.  Trash is a telling thing.  Terry says we had 37 MPH gusts.

Safe travels!  See  you Sunday, hey that's tomorrow!
Betty

Back
Top Bottom