2016 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys.  I will just follow along and wish warm thoughts for ya'll (trying to get my Texas accent back for April) ;D.

Mike.

While our temps might be in the mid '40s today, Mike, the sun is shining and there's very little wind. All in all, a nice winter's day. We hope that y'all had a Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year.

Randy

Don't forget you will need to buy a cowboy hat also Mike. Stay warm.

The movie of the day was JOY starring Jennifer  Lawrence.  She is a gem, wonderful actress and  movie did not disappoint the  5 of us who saw it! Previews showed many  additional  films  we want to see in the  future.

Richard and Linda joined us after the movie for Red Lobster  Lunch which  was delicious. Our waitress had a  name tag  James Bond.  She said her name was Mrs Bond. She said she caught all the fish of the day  but had no luck with  salmon.  She was a hoot! We wanted to  take a photo for Fred and Daisy as Red Lobster was one of their  favorites for  meals  during this rally , but we forgot  but I  did send them a photo of  an empty table of dishes!

Happy hour was held as advertised in Ken and Sheila's rig.  Just how  many people can you fit into  a big quad slide Monaco?  LOTS.  We were thrilled when  guest visitors showed up to our rally.  Camper Al and wife Nancy were brave enough to show up and meet a group of strangers they had only met on our  FVForum!  Everyone talked at once and I'm sure I could not hear  anything specific but we had a good time. 
Terry was delivered back to the campground by the  M&G service folks who  could not get it right the first time  and need to keep my Jeep overnight.  Wish us luck!

Betty,

How many people? 16, that's a record for us.

see pictures

ken

Attachments

• P1040844.JPG
    P1040844.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 58
  • P1040843.JPG
    P1040843.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 47
  • P1040842.JPG
    P1040842.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 50
Miss you guys and all the fun we had.  Glad to see you're keeping the tradition going.  Love all of you!

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to take the time to thank Ken and Sheila for their hospitality and having Nancy and I at their RV for our visit. We enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to the names we have seen here on the forum. I soaked in as much information as I could, and let them know a bit of our saga of RV hunting over the past few days. We long for the day we can park our unit and join the group for several days. Enjoyed the pictures of the group as well!

We took off a bit early from the group to inspect our camp spot we will be at later on. We drove down the road into Tucson, and located a Mexican Restaurant (Molinita) on east side of road, and ate our evening meal. Worth a trip if you want to leave camp and fairly close by in the 10,000 block.

Notice:

Saturday: Some of us are going to Kitt Peak Observatory for the 11:30 tour of the original telescope (2.1 meter). The tour is first come - no reservations.
Leaving probably about 9.

Let me know if you plan to go. If were 10 or more, then reservations are available.

ken

Jennifer and Dan will pass on Kitt Peak.  Still interested in the caverns if that comes together.

I think we'll pass too.  Will hold down the fort at the campground.  Have a good time anyway.  See you at Mi Tierra!

ArdraF

Sounds like you are all making do. Sorry we missed all the cold weather.

To all the folks here at the rally a friendly reminder. Our NEWS YEAR EVE dinner will take place at Four PM at

Mi Tierra Mexican Restaurant
16238 N. Oracle

Open house will follow at 7:30 at the Ken & Sheila's (B33) &
Margaret & Henry's  (B17)

Be there or expect to be talked about :) :)

Back
Top Bottom