1999 prowler fleetwood invertor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodb

recently purchased this and was told that the invertor and the battery were just replaced ,How charged does the battery have to be for the outlets to work ? I have power to jacks and Microwave with the shore line plugged in.
Thank you in advance.

i will have to check the paper work .
But I think invertor you would think convertor as its stepping 12 to 120 volts

The inverter is usually designed to cut out if the voltage in inadequate to produce proper 120v, 60 Hz, power. A typical cut-off point is 10.5 or 11.0v.  If you have only one battery, it doesn't take much load (amps) to pull the battery down. That's because it takes about 11 amps @ 12v to produce 1 amp @120v.

Are you sure your outlets are even wired to the inverter? An inverter is not standard in that trailer - it is normally equipped only with a converter/charger, which produces 12v power for house use and battery charging while shore power is active. An inverter would be an aftermarket add-on, so the outlets powered, if any, would depend on how the installation was done.

Inverter to make 12VDC into 120VAC.

Converter to make 120VAC to 12VDC.

Like Gary said if its not a normal option you might have to learn how to operate the inverter. Like my system the Inverter is under the stove in the power cabinet. You have to turn on the inverter and flip the transfer switch to power the outlets.

Attachments

• inverter and solar controller.JPG
    inverter and solar controller.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 7
turns out its a convertor  not an invertor as i was told so looks like  ill need to use a shore line for 120 volts .Thanks for the  help is there a cheap and dirty way to make something solar to produce 120

I added an inexpensive inverter with it's own outlet to power dw's cpap, I had the nose apart to repair some rot so was able to easily feed it from the junction box for the cord to the truck. It would be a little more involved but doable to tie your 120 volt circuits into an inverter,  it would probably be easiest near the converter. You will need lots of battery capacity to run the nuke and jacks as well as anything else with a heating element like a coffee maker or toaster.

RoyM said:
I added an inexpensive inverter with it's own outlet to power dw's cpap, I had the nose apart to repair some rot so was able to easily feed it from the junction box for the cord to the truck. It would be a little more involved but doable to tie your 120 volt circuits into an inverter,  it would probably be easiest near the converter. You will need lots of battery capacity to run the nuke and jacks as well as anything else with a heating element like a coffee maker or toaster.
thanks i think we may just look into a solar generator .
Thanks again for all the help and education

Back
Top Bottom