2016 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When ever there is a Progressive Booth at an RV Rally we stop by because they take your pic and print out a postcard. This time they did a short video king of Hokey but a fun video.
View the video at the below link.

https://youtu.be/JgqY5ZJ9FxQ

Attachments

• UsProgressiveQ2016109.jpg
    UsProgressiveQ2016109.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 48
Betty,  thanks for the pix and writeup of the pot luck -- sorry we needed to leave, but we were having trouble getting through the night, even with the inverter off, without completely draining the batteries, so decided we'd get to a plug-in.

We had a great time, and it was great to see all you folks again.

Drive carefully, y'all.

MikeCoke said:
When ever there is a Progressive Booth at an RV Rally we stop by because they take your pic and print out a postcard. This time they did a short video king of Hokey but a fun video.View the video at the below link.https://youtu.be/JgqY5ZJ9FxQ

How cute!

Well another Q rally which we enjoyed immensely.  I would like to especially thank Henry for his kind offer to lend me his flag, LOL.  I do think he is my favorite Texan...

Sheila

We are  tucked safely and soundly into our Yuma home. 

When we return  home from a trip we always fill the rig with  fuel. Terry gave  me  some  stats I wanted to  share. Today we paid $ 1.75 per gallon for  diesel fuel at Barney's Flying  J.  Using Ned's Rolling Stock  program he  looked up  the last time  fuel was this cheap.
In 2009 diesel was $1.18 per gallon.
And when  we first bought the rig in 1999 diesel was $1.16 per gallon.

Looks like it's going to be a good year to travel places for  rallies! 

Soooo sorry we missed Peg's yummy pies - not to mention seeing the Millers, Huey Pilot, and others.  Don't worry though, you can't get rid of us that easy.  We'll be back at Quartzsite next year!  I also want to thank Betty for her diligence in posting all the photos.  What would we do without Miss Betty??

Hope you all arrive at your destinations safely and maybe we'll see some of you during our travels this year.

ArdraF

Photos have been added to our photo gallery - click the Photos button in the menu above.

Had  great Rally with all our Forum Framily and are now  settled in at the SKP Geocache rally in the Roadrunner 14 day area.

Attachments

• 2016-01-24 12.28.40 (Large).jpg
    2016-01-24 12.28.40 (Large).jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 35
    Thanks Marsha, in re-reading my post, they didn't come across a funny as I was thinking when I typed it.  Betty, I didn't mean it as an insult to you or to women, as such I apologise.  It was intended as a joke, but as often occurs with many typed comments, it didn't come out that way.
    SORRY :(

Ed

Bummer, missed another one. Was hoping we'd still catch some framily but we were a day late and a dollar short. Marlene and I were on our way back to Goodyear and made a stop in QZ. Almost everyone was gone or out doing something and we missed you all. We were hoping a few would stay an extra day or so that we could meet up but we weren't so lucky.

BernieD said:
Bummer, missed another one. Was hoping we'd still catch some framily but we were a day late and a dollar short.

Bernie, It would have been great to see you and Marlene again.  If we had known we could have extended a day!  Next year make a point to  join us  even for a  Happy Hour but no secrets please as the group does scatter frequently and unexpectedly! I think they all went out to  Desert Bar yesterday.

Betty

PS Ed, No offense taken what so ever.  I did  read the humor into your comments but never the less there will  be NO Dunking of  me in any  body of water ...You hear?  ;)

Ed....I took it as a joke....I just saw in my "mind's eye" all the women of the world babbling everywhere telling men what to do...cracked me up.

FYI, Betty will be a handful if you try to dunk her.  I'd advise against it.  :p

Marsha~

Dang, Bernie, Mike and I were just 3 miles south at the Roadrunner area. Wish we'd known.

This was Our first Quartzsite experience and opportunity to meet some of the people on the Forum.  It was a wonderful experience the people we met were great and really made us feel welcome.  We will definitely be returning next year, and staying longer, as our boondocking experience inproves.
  We did learn one important thing when they say the morning walk is at 10:00 they mean 10:00. Not 10:05 if you snooze you lose, and those ladies don't fool around.  We chased them and never could catch up.
  We are looking forward to the rally in May at Yellowstone.

Bill and Pam

Here is the recipe for the Ramakis Jeff raved about.
Recipe for Rumaki's
1 pound bacon cut in half
1 can water chestnuts whole
6 slices deli turkey cut in strips about an inch wide
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar

Lay bacon down, lay turkey strip on top of bacon, lay water chestnut on top of turkey, roll and secure with toothpick. Place in bowl with tight lid, top with brown sugar, shake bowl a couple times to coat Rumaki's. Place in fridge. I leave them in the fridge overnite and shake the bowl a couple times.
Thank you Pam. 
I've posted here for a first review and will then have this recipe posted in our RVForum library under recipes.
Bake on ungreased baking pan at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Can be baked ahead of time and microwaved just before serving.

Back
Top Bottom