EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2016 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic  (Read 25680 times)

Tourmaster

• ---
Re: 2016 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 07:12:30 PM »
Betty
Save a flag for us.

Thanks
John
John & Carol
2009 Winnebago Tour 40 TD

mrschwarz

• ---
    • C U on the Road
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »
I have a Dr. appointment that I can't miss on the 19th. I will be there either late the 19th or early the 20th.

The ladies that travel with us will probably get there before us.
Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45 OPP
Cummins ISL 450
Allison 3000
Progressive EMS-HW50C Surge Protector
Air Force One

Visit us at www.schwarz.org

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
Ok John,
You get flag  # 3

Two more available. This volunteer job is looking easy.. Oh yeah right I now have to collet the  $ .  :)
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 08:31:01 PM »
Brewers will arrive Monday 1/18 subject to change of our plans.  We look forward to seeing long time Q attendees and you newbies too.  Wear a name tag or incur the wrath us  me and Wendy!

We love our boondocking  friends!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2016, 08:36:17 PM »
Quartzsite Rules

1. Wear your name badge.
You know who you are but we're old and probably don't remember who you are.

2 Wear your damn name badge.

3. No pets at food functions.

Have Fun.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

MikeCoke

• ---
    • Mike and Wendy's RV Travels
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2016, 02:05:33 AM »
We almost got there today stopped for the night along side of Dome Rock Road. Friday we stop to gas up get water then drive to the Rally site.
Mike, Wendy & Gordon our Yellow Lab
2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA with Inverter & Generator and soon to have Solar Panels
Toad 1973 Yellow VW Beetle
Retired NPS Ranger

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2016, 07:59:48 AM »
Brewers will arrive Monday 1/18 subject to change of our plans.  We look forward to seeing long time Q attendees and you newbies too.  Wear a name tag or incur the wrath us  me and Wendy!

We love our boondocking  friends!

Betty, you need to help me convince my lovely wife that boondocking isn't the end of the world.  She was fine with it back when we were racing and didn't complain(too much) but over the past 8 or so years she has fallen in love with her full hook-ups. ::)

Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness
2008 Haulmark Edge 26'
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
FMCA# F315002

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »
Mike tell Chrystal Quartzsite is a wonderful place to learn all about boon docking.  We  hold "campfire seminars" on how to conserve water.  Some tips are quite creative. Sure showers are not as long nor as frequent but the calm  of the desert makes it all worth while.

As for power, the generator creates all the power I  need, just takes some planning to coordinate power consumption to when times  genny is running.  Can't wait for you guys  to  retire,  when  one has more time it gets easier to plan and hence to  boondock!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2016, 11:21:24 AM »
We almost got there today stopped for the night along side of Dome Rock Road. Friday we stop to gas up get water then drive to the Rally site.

Nice new coach you guys, I don't know that I had seen a picture of it before.  Congrats.

Mike.
2008 Haulmark Edge 26'
FMCA# F315002

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2016, 03:06:45 PM »
Mike tell Chrystal Quartzsite is a wonderful place to learn all about boon docking.  We  hold "campfire seminars" on how to conserve water.  Some tips are quite creative. Sure showers are not as long nor as frequent but the calm  of the desert makes it all worth while.

As for power, the generator creates all the power I  need, just takes some planning to coordinate power consumption to when times  genny is running.  Can't wait for you guys  to  retire,  when  one has more time it gets easier to plan and hence to  boondock!

Thanks Betty, I think what worries her is that she is familiar with boondocking from our racing days and doesn't want to revert back. ;D  However, I am whittling away at her bit by bit and will convince her to give QZ a try eventually. 

You guys have fun and enjoy that new Jeep.  See ya in Texas in a few months.

Mike.
2008 Haulmark Edge 26'
FMCA# F315002

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2016, 03:30:26 PM »
Your motorhome is self-contained - water onboard for washing, generator for making electricity, TV, lights, microwave oven. We've come a long way, baby. Great people and great sunsets, great 4WD trips. Just don't tell her about the wind and the dust 😊

I believe there's a library file here full of boondocking tips.

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

MikeCoke

• ---
    • Mike and Wendy's RV Travels
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »
We have arrived and are all settled in. Going to the free BBQ that Redlands RV is having tonight. They gave out wristbands at Indio to get into it.
Mike, Wendy & Gordon our Yellow Lab
2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA with Inverter & Generator and soon to have Solar Panels
Toad 1973 Yellow VW Beetle
Retired NPS Ranger

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2016, 08:57:30 PM »
We got to Qz about 3:00. Shortly after, several of us got to jawing not far from the campfire ring. The Fitzgeralds,  the Sharps, the Johnsons, the "Cokes" (Wendy & Mike), Len & Brenda from Alberta, the Garlows, and one or two others I can't recall were there. After yakking for a bit we went back and got chairs, then took them to the campfire ring, sat around for more stories and such.

It's supposed to be in the 70s for the next several days, I understand.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »
Funny how long it took us to go get chairs and sit down. And everyone showed up at the campfire ring with name badges ! It's pretty nice out here. Come join us.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2016, 10:31:47 PM »
We and the Sharps were the last to arrive - just in time for the first official happy hour.  Our drive had a lot of wind with gusts hitting broadside.  The winds kicked up a lot of dust so visibility was poor until about Blythe when both the dust and wind lessened.  We had blue sky for happy hour.  I counted eight couples so far.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2016, 03:36:07 AM »
Oh, this is killing me.  Tim, hubby, has been going through a long situation with a detached retina that happened in early November.  With a couple more eye surgeries scheduled in the upcoming month or so we decided to not travel this winter.  So keep the posts coming of all of your events...pictures too!!

When we saw staff member Marty (Sarge) and his wife, Diane, in Jackson Hole this past summer I snatched his extra RV Forum flags to make them available for the QZ rally.  Seems they are selling like hot cakes!

Marsha~

2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2016, 04:35:38 PM »
Did anyone bring their golf clubs for another round in the RV Forum QZ Open?

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2016, 10:13:31 PM »
The Johnsons haven't been to Quartzsite for a few years so we showed them the route up the wash to town and to the tent as a "refresher".  If anyone else wants to know the wash route let us know and we'll be happy to show you.  AWD or 4WD are best.  It's the way we go to avoid traffic on the highway.  I was amused at the tent to see a nice sign pointing to the Wash.  Even if you have a "regular" car we can show you how to get somewhat close to the tent.

Sue Klinefelter joined us for happy hour as did another lady who is parked on the other side of Wendy & Mike.  The giveaway table has been set up.  There are books, connectors, fresh lemons, and other odds and ends.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

CashedOut

• ---
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2016, 11:12:51 PM »
Jeff.....yes!  Sheryl and I both have our sticks.  We should be there Sunday night after a full day of bluegrass at Blythe.  Don't schedule golf without us.  I also suggest that we do a round at the Quartzsite course......you will need a club to which gravel damage doesn't matter......and a six pack.
Doug & Sheryl

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »
Brewers exercised their right to  change plans formed in Jello  and traveled into  our RVForum at  Quartzsite  site today a day early.  We came in early because  the  3 day weekend  would likely have all the toy haulers and quads and other OTV's  in  Anza leaving tomorrow, we decided to get a jump on the dump station. Yep all RV topics lead to  black water. 

We were greeted with  friendly speak that  informed us the  Broncos game was on and some would not be attending the Happy Hour.  True to their words, some were never seen in our informal  gathering.

Many new  friends renewed acquaintances and we  talked about  our aches and pains as old people! ( tee hee) 

We miss those of you unable to attend Q this year and thank our lucky stars that we are well enough today to enjoy this  social phenomena of thousands  of people out here in the  desert!

Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2016, 09:08:03 PM »
Upon our arrival Sunday  we attended the Happy Hour with name tags around our neck!

Since Jim Johnson showed up with a name tag  designating him as  DEPUTY Sheriff I  sought guidance from  our HELAINE to confirm the legitimacy of his  request.   She responded with this!

As MC emeritus and keeper of the rules for all time, I hereby appoint for all eternity, one, Jim Johnson, to see that the rules are enforced, arresting those that dare to upset the smooth running of the RV Forum. Net rally.    The most important rules  of the rally are to have fun, make friends, get smoke in your hair from the campfires,  eat too much at the pot luck and no animals at food events.
I miss you all, would love to collect those hugs. if you are ever in Oregon I am a mile or so east of exit 136.

Love and hugs,
Helaine

So there  you go.

* PS
If you are  a new comer to the RVForum  you might  benefit from the  information that Wally and Helaine Hepworth have been   long time supporters of RVforum. Sadly  Wally passed away and now Helaine  walks in his shoes and makes all the rules! 

Life is short , lets have fun here!   Yep Jim (aka JJ) you are in charge!

Betty Brewer

see where we are

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2016, 10:05:46 PM »
I hope you all gave props to those who were supporting the Broncos.  They pulled if off, thanks to Wendy and Mike! ;D

mrschwarz

• ---
    • C U on the Road
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2016, 10:07:46 AM »
Plans change. We won't be attending due to schedule conflicts. Hopefully we'll be back next year. See you Jeep guys in Big
Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45 OPP
Cummins ISL 450
Allison 3000
Progressive EMS-HW50C Surge Protector
Air Force One

Visit us at www.schwarz.org

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »
Michael,  sorry to miss you this year.

The day was  lazy.   The 10 am walk happened at 11 am and there were only 4 of us.  New arrivals of the day were Dan and Marg from Utah,  Sheryl and her Hubby from Canada  via Blythe Bluegrass Festival, my cousin Jim Logan and Claire arrived just before  Henry and  Margaret fresh from  purchasing new batteries ( hopefully under warranty) in Yuma!  And Paul and  Ann made an entrance right at  Happy Hour big circle time!

No  guarantees that  the  above information is correct. Happy hour  was  a blast as we all talked at the same time and (JJ,   aka  Jim Johnson)  took responsibility for those with no name tags)  Only one person , Sylvia  fit that fit the bill but since she is  fulltimer and   an escapee and  parked next to us she was not fined.  The sunset tonight was one of those spectacular AZ ones  but I got no  photos.  Did anyone?

Love our week at the RV show during Q but those who braved the traffic into town today reported traffic, and 75% fewer vendors  in the outlying areas than in years past.  We will venture into the big tent tomorrow to verify those reports.  I'm kinda thinking I can always find  something to buy at  the  big RV show.

Still happy to see our friends able to do this life style!  Many are  unable to join us this year and we salute YOU!

BB
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:46:19 AM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Cactustwo

• ---
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »
Brenda & Len

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:36 PM »
Those of you who wanted RV Forum flags, be sure and pick them up from Betty.  There are only a few left.

Thanks to Sarge for ordering them!

Marsha~ (transport girl)
2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »
What a  day.  The group walked at 10 am sharp and  ALMOST EVERYONE was there.  Er uhhh well not so many  men! But my man was there! Dan picked up the trash bags we had in hand to carry up to the dumpsters! 

When we finished the walk  and I quickly  changed into  my shopping clothes (shorter sleeved shirt) and headed up the wash to the  BIG TENT.  Big Mistake to go at this time.  I think every  person in the desert was in the big tent today.  Crowds with scooters blocking aisles, dogs on leashes, people stopping to watch vendor  demos  and we decided this was not a 2 person trek.  We decided to  meet  in 30 minutes outside  big tent.  After 20 minutes I had enough and ducked out of tent to meet Terry who was also waiting.  What a ZOO. No one  in ice cream line so that was the treat of the day!   We  did find the Light  Vendor outside and I  splurged on a  new light!  Terry  tried setting it up when we arrived  back home and the cord is too short for our  tall pole.  He lowered the pole and now we search a wire extension.

Happy Hour was fun and  I  will make a separate post about all the reports.  I still have  3 RVForum Flags left to sell
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2016, 09:04:30 PM »
Ok Happy hour was fun and the sunset became one of those spectacular AZ  sunsets.  I've been carrying the RVForum sign in my bay for a few years and finally got the sign out today.  I decided it worked well at the  site.  Thanks to  Paul S for help in making it permanent with his  new stakes!

Here are a few  photos of  attendees.  You can figure  out names on your own and  please don't take  notes on  who was wearing which  coat as no one remembers  except YOU.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2016, 09:13:30 PM »
This second batch of attendees is  not  inclusive.  If I did not like your  photo we will do a do over.  If you were not here  I will catch you later.  We may or may  not have a group photo so  look closely  friends for your  RVForum Framily!

First photo  features Henry and Margaret  Wishard on their  48th  Wedding  Anniversary!

(And he  took her to  Quartzsite!) We love them!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:15:56 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2016, 11:30:58 PM »
Love love love the Framily pictures! Thank you Betty B.

Happy Anniversary Henry and Margaret. What a guy, taking her to Quartzsite 😊
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
2015 Allegro Ooen Road

Hosted by Over The Network