2016 RV Forum Quartzsite Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Dr. appointment that I can't miss on the 19th. I will be there either late the 19th or early the 20th.

The ladies that travel with us will probably get there before us.

Ok John,
You get flag  # 3

Two more available. This volunteer job is looking easy.. Oh yeah right I now have to collet the  $ .  :)

Brewers will arrive Monday 1/18 subject to change of our plans.  We look forward to seeing long time Q attendees and you newbies too.  Wear a name tag or incur the wrath us  me and Wendy!

We love our boondocking  friends!

Quartzsite Rules

1. Wear your name badge.
You know who you are but we're old and probably don't remember who you are.

2 Wear your damn name badge.

3. No pets at food functions.

Have Fun.

Wendy

We almost got there today stopped for the night along side of Dome Rock Road. Friday we stop to gas up get water then drive to the Rally site.

Attachments

• Dome Rock RoadJan2016.jpg
    Dome Rock RoadJan2016.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 42
Betty Brewer said:
Brewers will arrive Monday 1/18 subject to change of our plans.  We look forward to seeing long time Q attendees and you newbies too.  Wear a name tag or incur the wrath us  me and Wendy!

We love our boondocking  friends!

Betty, you need to help me convince my lovely wife that boondocking isn't the end of the world.  She was fine with it back when we were racing and didn't complain(too much) but over the past 8 or so years she has fallen in love with her full hook-ups. ::)

Mike.

Mike tell Chrystal Quartzsite is a wonderful place to learn all about boon docking.  We  hold "campfire seminars" on how to conserve water.  Some tips are quite creative. Sure showers are not as long nor as frequent but the calm  of the desert makes it all worth while.

As for power, the generator creates all the power I  need, just takes some planning to coordinate power consumption to when times  genny is running.  Can't wait for you guys  to  retire,  when  one has more time it gets easier to plan and hence to  boondock!

MikeCoke said:
We almost got there today stopped for the night along side of Dome Rock Road. Friday we stop to gas up get water then drive to the Rally site.

Nice new coach you guys, I don't know that I had seen a picture of it before.  Congrats.

Mike.

Betty Brewer said:
Mike tell Chrystal Quartzsite is a wonderful place to learn all about boon docking.  We  hold "campfire seminars" on how to conserve water.  Some tips are quite creative. Sure showers are not as long nor as frequent but the calm  of the desert makes it all worth while.

As for power, the generator creates all the power I  need, just takes some planning to coordinate power consumption to when times  genny is running.  Can't wait for you guys  to  retire,  when  one has more time it gets easier to plan and hence to  boondock!

Thanks Betty, I think what worries her is that she is familiar with boondocking from our racing days and doesn't want to revert back. ;D  However, I am whittling away at her bit by bit and will convince her to give QZ a try eventually. 

You guys have fun and enjoy that new Jeep.  See ya in Texas in a few months.

Mike.

Your motorhome is self-contained - water onboard for washing, generator for making electricity, TV, lights, microwave oven. We've come a long way, baby. Great people and great sunsets, great 4WD trips. Just don't tell her about the wind and the dust ?

I believe there's a library file here full of boondocking tips.

We have arrived and are all settled in. Going to the free BBQ that Redlands RV is having tonight. They gave out wristbands at Indio to get into it.

Attachments

• Quartzsite2016.jpg
    Quartzsite2016.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 31
We got to Qz about 3:00. Shortly after, several of us got to jawing not far from the campfire ring. The Fitzgeralds,  the Sharps, the Johnsons, the "Cokes" (Wendy & Mike), Len & Brenda from Alberta, the Garlows, and one or two others I can't recall were there. After yakking for a bit we went back and got chairs, then took them to the campfire ring, sat around for more stories and such.

It's supposed to be in the 70s for the next several days, I understand.

Funny how long it took us to go get chairs and sit down. And everyone showed up at the campfire ring with name badges ! It's pretty nice out here. Come join us.

We and the Sharps were the last to arrive - just in time for the first official happy hour.  Our drive had a lot of wind with gusts hitting broadside.  The winds kicked up a lot of dust so visibility was poor until about Blythe when both the dust and wind lessened.  We had blue sky for happy hour.  I counted eight couples so far.

ArdraF

Oh, this is killing me.  Tim, hubby, has been going through a long situation with a detached retina that happened in early November.  With a couple more eye surgeries scheduled in the upcoming month or so we decided to not travel this winter.  So keep the posts coming of all of your events...pictures too!!

When we saw staff member Marty (Sarge) and his wife, Diane, in Jackson Hole this past summer I snatched his extra RV Forum flags to make them available for the QZ rally.  Seems they are selling like hot cakes!

Marsha~

Did anyone bring their golf clubs for another round in the RV Forum QZ Open?

The Johnsons haven't been to Quartzsite for a few years so we showed them the route up the wash to town and to the tent as a "refresher".  If anyone else wants to know the wash route let us know and we'll be happy to show you.  AWD or 4WD are best.  It's the way we go to avoid traffic on the highway.  I was amused at the tent to see a nice sign pointing to the Wash.  Even if you have a "regular" car we can show you how to get somewhat close to the tent.

Sue Klinefelter joined us for happy hour as did another lady who is parked on the other side of Wendy & Mike.  The giveaway table has been set up.  There are books, connectors, fresh lemons, and other odds and ends.

ArdraF

Jeff.....yes!  Sheryl and I both have our sticks.  We should be there Sunday night after a full day of bluegrass at Blythe.  Don't schedule golf without us.  I also suggest that we do a round at the Quartzsite course......you will need a club to which gravel damage doesn't matter......and a six pack.

Brewers exercised their right to  change plans formed in Jello  and traveled into  our RVForum at  Quartzsite  site today a day early.  We came in early because  the  3 day weekend  would likely have all the toy haulers and quads and other OTV's  in  Anza leaving tomorrow, we decided to get a jump on the dump station. Yep all RV topics lead to  black water. 

We were greeted with  friendly speak that  informed us the  Broncos game was on and some would not be attending the Happy Hour.  True to their words, some were never seen in our informal  gathering.

Many new  friends renewed acquaintances and we  talked about  our aches and pains as old people! ( tee hee) 

We miss those of you unable to attend Q this year and thank our lucky stars that we are well enough today to enjoy this  social phenomena of thousands  of people out here in the  desert!

Back
Top Bottom