EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Where is the fusebox for appliances on 91 Chevy Roadtrek?  (Read 1364 times)

mmphelps1970

Where is the fusebox for appliances on 91 Chevy Roadtrek?
« on: July 30, 2015, 11:40:19 AM »
Hi everyone! My toaster oven and microwave lost power this am while hooked to shore power. I reset the breaker at shore power source. All other light fixtures and outlets work. Thinking I blew a fuse but don't know where the fusebox is. Reset the outlet where the appliances plug in--no luck--so I figure I blew the fuse to the galley outlet. Does anyone know where that fusebox is located? Thanks a bunch!

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • I don't know what I don't know so I look here...
Re: Where is the fusebox for appliances on 91 Chevy Roadtrek?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:11:25 PM »
Do you have a GFCI outlet that has popped? Probably located in the kitchen or bath area?
Kim & Christi Bertram
SKP 106183
FMCA 420913
----------------------------------
2012 Thor Damon Tuscany 42RQ
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
Taos Monte Bello RV Park, El Prado, NM

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 08:08:49 AM »
You should be looking for a circuit breaker, not a fuse, I believe. A GFCI outlet is also a prime suspect as SkyKing mentioned. There should be a (gray coloured) metal box containing several breakers, depending on how much 120V power you have. (This box may also contain 12V fuses in some cases). It may be hidden quite near to where the cord comes into the RV or in places like the side of a bed, the sides of a dining bench etc. The metal box may be covered by a fancy wood panel.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:16:07 AM by Alfa38User »
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Stevemo

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 11:45:53 PM »
My 1991 Dodge Roadtrek has everything on the driver's side of the van.  There will be a combo breaker panel / fuse panel / charger.  It will be down low in the rear past the kitchen/bathroom.  Reset all of the breakers in that panel to get your receptacles working.  If you have the original Dometic fridge with all the controls on the bottom you are pretty close, just keep crawling around to the back.  :P
Steve

Hosted by Over The Network