EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: How do you make yourself at home while stationary?  (Read 1071 times)

Violetdelusions

• ---
How do you make yourself at home while stationary?
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:13:15 AM »
What do you do when you settle somewhere long-term (not permanently though) before taking off for another travel? How do you decorate your space, what do you set up outside for comfort?

We're thinking about spending our first 6-12 mos stationary while we save for our first trip, and will likely buy a cheap lot of land to stay on (so we can either rent to friends and family for trips or sell when we return and are ready to settle down) and I would love to make ourselves comfortable while there. Do you garden, have sheds, set up a patio to lounge, dog yard, etc?

I'd love to see pics of your abodes!

BinaryBob

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: How do you make yourself at home while stationary?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:21:54 AM »
Interesting question.
I've seen everything from sparse, to the gala displays only short of the neon sign....
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 37B

"Every hobby perpetuates its arcane mysteries. How else would we impress the newbies with our superior knowledge?"
--Gary RV Roamer--

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »

Here are a couple of pictures of the canopies we use if staying long enough
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
34' Stacker Trailer, Trailer Toad
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »
Just about anything. We've only been here a month and had lawn chairs, an outdoor carpet, a bunch of led lighting, grill and table, some small side tables, a fan for warm afternoons, ...

Whatever makes you feel comfortable, just like you would at home. It IS your home, right?
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network