RE visted Wall marts in Canada..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grassy

My wife was totally against staying in Wall marts or truck stops when we travel so we normally book RV sites in advance. All information they require is given such as trailer length..

During our last trip, we were going though New Brunswick...which has the absolutely roughest highways in the 5 provinces we were in...not a pleasant drive at all...it was about 7:30 at night....and we had to travel a bit of the highway..as we were about to turn into the site, some guy can running down the access road waving his arms..odd.

Apparently, he was the site owner and said we couldn't come in because we were too big ?  We saw Class As in there and 5ths that must have taken a one ton (my class 5 has the same footprint) to pull but he was adamant. No lets try or I will call another RV site or any other site but just go...you know the saying "don't go away mad, just go away..."

We go back on the highway and it was getting dark. Not a happy DW with me. Then she spotted a Wall mart with a couple of Class As in it...off the highway and parked by them. The were "escaping NB" as well. Well, we had a great time. Fear gone and we stayed in 3 more over the trip. One site had..not sure..I stopped counting at 70 rigs..not including those in other big box stores around wall mart.

The smart wall marts catered to RV with take away food etc..and the DW picked up stuff at all..we ate and it made life so much easier...

ZERO fear in them...I should mention that we were the only rig in one..when we talked to the manager, they were very happy to have up...

With our 5th capacities, boon docking for a couple of days is no problem. We do need an inverter for my Cpap machine and maybe a small generator.

I should mention that the only comment I got about my truck at the other sites we book at - even at the provincial park with tight accesses - was what a cool truck....

grassy

In my 10 years of full timing I spent hundreds of nights in Walmarts and I never felt the least bit unsafe. And it makes it so easy to go shopping.

You missed the shooting in one in the US...it is one one of these pages...

At the one that had so many rigs, local were doing drive bys almost like a car show...

grassy

grassy said:
You missed the shooting in one in the US...it is one one of these pages...
You are correct I did miss it. I just looked it up on Google News and it happened while I was away on vacation this month. It did not involve an RV. It did not involve strangers. The shooter and shootee knew each other.

Not that one....

This one involved an RV being shot up pretty bad...actually is was a bus...

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/crime/2015/04/24/police-activity-closes-turner-rd-near-cascade-gateway-park/26309743/

Regardless, I did a search....more common now... but this isn't in Canada...

Grassy

There have been others involving RVers at Walmarts. One issue appears to be the drug deals &/or druggies out of their minds. One FL father was forced to shoot one such perp to protect his family while overnighting at WM during a cross-country trip. They were kept in the area for a week, although he was cleared of any wrong doing. I doubt they wanted to use that nice, expensive coach for a long time after that.

This story just came out locally---no cure for stupid--you are always at the mercy of the most incompetent.

http://www.swiftcurrentonline.com/local/31016-serious-accident-at-walmart-parking-lot

Redman said:
This story just came out locally---no cure for stupid--you are always at the mercy of the most incompetent.

http://www.swiftcurrentonline.com/local/31016-serious-accident-at-walmart-parking-lot
Yes there is a cure for stupid, stop drinking.

I did not see that the article STATED the at-fault driver (Truck) was OUI but it sure implied it.

There is too a cure for stupid.. one at a time (usually)  http://www.darwinawards.com cites many cases where STUPID has indeed been cured.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom