Overnight stays for free or low cost!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a spot that can accommodate a small RV or camper (20 feet or less), on our property for overnight stops, it's right off of PA Rte 18/Rte 69 (WV), a mile from Route 18. No amenities, but could make you breakfast if you wanted!  ;) $10 for overnight parking, plus we have a locked gate too and we live there.

Email mersiepoodle (at) yahoo (dot) com for more info.

There was someone in my local area that would stay in the Walmart parking lot for a week at a time. They were there for about 2 weeks, left for a week, then went back for another week or two. The last time, they were panhandling, so I think management told them they outgrew their welcome. I haven't seen them back since.

I think if you are going to do this, its worth establishing some common guidelines.

Its unofficial, so its subject to debate. But I think a majority of people agree that you should appear as if you were parking, not camping.
- Ask the manager for permission
- Give them some business as a thank you for their courtesy
- Stay only as long as needed, typically one night until morning unless you are stranded and waiting for a mechanic
- Appear as if you were parking; minimal generator use if at all and keep the slides in unless your only bed is blocked or in the slide itself. If you need to use the slide, park with the slide over the grass so it doesn't pose a hazard to passing traffic.
- As a courtesy, keep noise to a minimum. You are just getting some sleep; it isn't a tailgating party.
- If you plan staying more than a night or two, try to find a campground instead of the parking lot for days or weeks at a time.
- Most importantly, don't panhandle in the lot or hassle their customers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom