Switching out swivel seats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Telstar Ranger

Howdy,

I found a used leather swivel seat from a 2003 Airstream motor home that I would like switch out with my cloth one.  My coach is a 1993 ford Telsatar by Frian.  Both seats are swivel seats with a lever on each side to allow for swivel and forward rear movement.  They both look the same, like a standard Flexsteal swivel chair.  I can see no identifying marks on my chair, and the woman selling the chair does not know the brand.  Are these chairs interchangeable?  Should I be able to just unbolt my chair at the top, disconnect the cables for swivel, and bolt the other one on?

Thanks for any suggestions,
TR

You will have to check the bolt patterns on the bottom of the chair. If they are the same they should swap easy, if not then you will have a problem.

Totally different pedestal.  Mine is round the new one is square.  I pulled off the base of mine and attached it to bottom of the new chair.  It was tough to make the cables work, so I fabricated some linkage, and made it work.  The chair is little bigger in dimension and the back is curved so it does not tuck away as nicely as the other chair, but it is nicer, and it swivels and moves back and forth. I'm happy with it. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom