Rv park snobbery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BinaryBob said:
On a side note, what category are us folks with fairly expensive cameras but STILL can't take a decent picture?  :(
You are not alone, there are lots of people like that on dpreview forums. They talk about gear all day long and never post a photo. And they look down their noses at those of us who use inexpensive cameras. They think that the more money you spend on gear the better photographer you are. They just don't understand the most important part of a camera is located about six inches behind the lens.

SeilerBird said:
You are not alone, there are lots of people like that on dpreview forums. They talk about gear all day long and never post a photo. And they look down their noses at those of us who use inexpensive cameras. They think that the more money you spend on gear the better photographer you are. They just don't understand the most important part of a camera is located about six inches behind the lens.

Interesting. I have friends who take stunning pictures with their phones. Unfortunately, photography is not one of my skill sets. To bad about dpreview forum, but it's similar to many other hobbiest forums. Cycling has its own form of snobbery. Some folks post that "serious" cyclists require a ~$6,000 carbon fiber racing bike. Sadly many of these guys are posers who ride 5 miles to the nearest Starbucks so they can show off their equipment.

Five miles without a motor? My God! Says the guy who thinks the only thing that counts for a picture is the caliber of feminine pulchitrude that is the subject!

Ernie

Some folks post that "serious" cyclists require a ~$6,000 carbon fiber racing bike.

One of the guys who does the Red Ribbon Ride... a 300 mile 4 day ride, is always one of the first ones in. He rides an old BMX bike and spends most of the ride standing.

I'm thinking that $6,000 figure is a little old.  More like 10K these days.

I used to ride a couple thousand miles a year on a steel framed Diamonback.  The whole point of riding was to get a good workout.  I would do a 10 mile loop at noon and still have time to shower and eat lunch.

I did a lot of organized century rides but my favorite was the tour of Napa Valley where the loud mouthed owner of a Litespeed titanium/carbon fiber monstrosity did nothing but brag about how fast his bike was.  He walked it up even the easy hills.  He ended up back in the pack with the daddies who were towing toddlers in trailers.  Maybe he stopped at Starbucks?

8Muddypaws said:
I'm thinking that $6,000 figure is a little old.  More like 10K these days.

I used to ride a couple thousand miles a year on a steel framed Diamonback.  The whole point of riding was to get a good workout.  I would do a 10 mile loop at noon and still have time to shower and eat lunch.

I did a lot of organized century rides but my favorite was the tour of Napa Valley where the loud mouthed owner of a Litespeed titanium/carbon fiber monstrosity did nothing but brag about how fast his bike was.  He walked it up even the easy hills.  He ended up back in the pack with the daddies who were towing toddlers in trailers.  Maybe he stopped at Starbucks?

He learned everything he knows from catalogues! Get a lot of that in vintage car circles.

Bill

driftless shifter said:
He learned everything he knows from catalogues! Get a lot of that in vintage car circles.

Bill

I just nod and walk away when the car show know-it alls tell me they "built it", yep you paid someone to bolt a bunch of billet pieces on then trailer it around to show it off.

I still don't quite understand how we got from RV Park Snobbery to here.

'Tiz a twisted path we often weave on this forum.

Well I see absolutely no reason that an RV park would exclude anyone.  I have not stayed in any RV parks yet but I am sure they would welcome my rig.  My rig has everything on it a person would or should want.  ::) ::)

Attachments

• L01.jpg
    L01.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 97
Len and Jo said:
Well I see absolutely no reason that an RV park would exclude anyone.  I have not stayed in any RV parks yet but I am sure they would welcome my rig.  My rig has everything on it a person would or should want.  ::) ::)
I don't see three pit bulls.

Met the owner of this unique rig at the Jeff Busby Campground while touring the Natchez Trace.  He was very colorfull and fun to talk to.  He was just out for a good time and having fun meeting people. 

Attachments

• L01.JPG
    L01.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 83
  • L02.JPG
    L02.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 88
  • L03.JPG
    L03.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 76
  • L04.JPG
    L04.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 73
  • L05.JPG
    L05.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 85
  • L06.JPG
    L06.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 64
  • L07.JPG
    L07.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 82
  • L08.JPG
    L08.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 70
  • L09.JPG
    L09.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 82
If anyone comes across this gentleman, they should explain to him that the flags on the front of his car/truck/whatever should be switched. Flag etiquette says "When flown with flags of states, communities, or societies on separate flag poles which are of the same height and in a straight line, the flag of the United States is always placed in the position of honor - to its own right". 
In other words, when we are looking at the flags like in the picture, the American flag should be on the left. I'm just a concerned veteran who deeply respects our flag.

I noticed the wrong flag placement as well Rene.
But I would suggest replacing the bars and stars flag with a flag of Foghorn Leghorn. Certainly a better representation of the south......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom