1998 Itasca 36' +/- Electrical 12V Fuse Panel Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the search string I have used on Google and it led me to your group discussions.  There I found that fuse panels are well hidden, but with a little guidance from patient folks like you we are able to find them....and I did!  Memo to Winnebago - "Please put some instructions in the owner's manual explaining how to first find, and then access the 12V chassis CB's!"

For those of you with machines in this era, you must unscrew the 6 black screws running along the bottom of the instrument panel (you can see them when sitting in the driver's seat), and use a 1" Phillips screwdriver (really short one or some good pliers to turn the screw) to get the one just above the steering column.  Then rotate the instrument panel straight up and away to reveal the CB panel on the left side. 

I'm an old AF pilot and the electrical systems on these things would scare a C-130 Engineer (if you know C-130's you're laughing right now).  And evidently someone has been playing in there and replaced 15amp brake and turn signals with 20amp cb's.  Probably previous owners.

Anyway my problem is two-fold ... brake lights and turn signals are out. All the CB's look OK, but I replaced the two in question with 15amps anyway (that's what's in the book).  The place for the flasher looks like it's missing the flasher - unless it's underneath the plastic housing "below" the panel.  It got dark and I couldn't see.  Wouldn't know how the flasher affects the brakes anyway.  I'll try to get a photo of this tomorrow.

So my question is this.  How can I use a multimeter, (set on 50 v DC) to see if I have juice to those two CB's that look good?  And does anyone have any ideas about how to proceed from there?  Where is that flasher anyway?

We have converted this baby into a Mobile Boutique (clothing).  I gotta get my honey back on the road! The ladies in Nebraska's small towns are asking for her to return!  So any advice is welcome.

Cornhusker_LifeMember said:
....So my question is this.  How can I use a multimeter, (set on 50 v DC) to see if I have juice to those two CB's that look good?  And does anyone have any ideas about how to proceed from there?  Where is that flasher anyway?..
Those blade circuit breakers have two exposed metal posts providing a way to meter them.  A test light with a sharp point might be easier to use than a blunt meter probe.  No clue where your flasher is,  I discovered on my Jeep it's hidden under a bustle on top of the steering wheel - talk about a non-intuitive place for it.  Give Winnebago Owner Relations a call - they are very helpful.

Oh, welcome!

Found that the Inverter CB (25amp) on the panel of 8 cb's just above the CB panel was blown.  Replaced that CB and still no brakes or turn signals.  The bulbs in back are all good.  Pulled CB panel off its housing and looked beneath it. There is no flasher mounted there.  So I am still searching for a flasher and have run out of ideas.  This is a Ford.
Can anyone tell me what the inverter inverts?  12v dc to something else?  I didn't notice any other non-functioning gauges on the instrument panel while that cb was blown.  I guess I could put it back in to see what is not working. But that doesn't help my brake light/turn signal issue.  BTW they are on two separate CBs are are both good.  The brake cb has 14V on it, but the turn signal one gives me a spurious reading that doesn't register anything.

Will let you all know what I find out. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom