Chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolsout2

As we prepare the MH it looks like we have too many chairs.  I need to convince the wife that we can not take all of the different kinds and she needs to decide which are the most important.  How many and what type of chairs do you full time with?

We have four foldable camp chairs (MAC), always have two for guests.

Four comfortable folding chairs, one for each of us, and two for guests.

Same here. All our chairs have fold-out side tables for drinks and snacks as well, to reduce the need for extra folding tables.

For inside we have two chairs at the dining table and two more folded up in the closet for those rare occasions when we have dinner guests inside.

I like the fold up w/side table and the bag chair to Cary to events.  Wife wants her lounge chair and a beach chair.  Guess she will get those and I will see what room is left.  Happy wife happy life

schoolsout2 said:
I like the fold up w/side table and the bag chair to Cary to events.  Wife wants her lounge chair and a beach chair.  Guess she will get those and I will see what room is left.  Happy wife happy life

Spoken like a truly wise and experienced man...  ::)

Oscar Mike said:
I don't agree with the editors choices, but here is an article about camp chairs...

http://gearpatrol.com/2015/05/28/best-camping-chairs/

yes, many of those aree more for backpacking, not RVing
I have one of the folding helinox chairs in that article.  Folds up small a light, but the pointy legs sink in the ground too much.  Otherwise it's fairly comfortable, but very low to the ground.... use it when camping with scouts

For RVing, I have one of those director chairs with fold out side table.  I've seen lighter weight versions and even rocker and slider versions that would be even better.
I hate the umbrella type, I find them uncomfortable, but we have a couple for kids or guests....
and a couple mismatched generic straight folders.

We put the two extra folding upholstered dinette chairs in the garage soon after we got this motorhome.  Never used them.  Same with the previous motorhome.  We each have a folding chair for happy hours but even the extras are now in the garage for lack of use.  Some of you may remember the fancy folding chair Jerry got a few years back which he demonstrated at one of our Quartzsite rallies to hilarious laughter.  It too is in the garage.  Glad they make large plastic bags in which to store all that stuff!  ::)

ArdraF

After a year of carrying the folding chairs in the basement, they went in the  garage and haven't been used since. On the rare occasions we have company for dinner, we use our folding aluminum patio chairs. They can be "thrown" in the basement, with no chance of scratching them up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom