12v exterior lighting on KZ Stoneridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gena

Would anyone know if there is some main "switch" to the exterior 12v lighting on a 2012 KZ Stoneridge 38fl ?
All the interior lighting works but the outside lighting, "basement" and exterior LEDs by the hook up are not working.

Checked wires and fuses nothing out of place or blown ... 

I would not be surprised, but have idea where to suggest looking for it on that model. Maybe by the entry door, if there are a bank of switches there?  Hopefully another owner will see this and respond.

Are you referring to the orange or red marker lights, tail lights? Those particular lights may only be powered by the tow vehicle on some models. My own trailer has a switch on the inside by the entry door to light them all at once from the trailer battery though. The patio light(s) or scare lights usually have a switch inside as well. The light next to the hitch may have a switch on the unit as mine does.  Basement lights may have a master switch inside to supply 12V power to them but they may not actually turn on without using an additional switch on the individual fixtures. Each make and model has it's own particularities, but be patient, perhaps an owner of your particular brand will come up with a more definitive answer

Gena
I have a 2013 Stoneridge.  We do not have a master switch and I can not find a single fuse that controls only those lights. I would call KZ and see if they will send you a wiring diagram.

Thank you all...
Well, owners manual arrived, gave me a bit of a clue but still nothing --
There is a switch inside (on the main panel with the slide switches) that operates the "porch" light, according to the manual this switch should also operate the scare lights -
Scare lights all have there own independent off/on switches on them, but still do not operate when the main switch is on -
The "eyeballs" LEDs near the hitch do also have an independent toggle switch, but still nothing when the main switch is on ..
Next stop ... either the dealer we bought from or KZ ....

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an answer!
And found completely by accident...
The scare lights, eyeballs, and basement lights all are on the same switch that the living room lights are on - strange, but at least now I know and can operate the things.

Thank you for all the suggestions and help.

Back
Top Bottom