rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Average Cost to Re-Stripe 2004 Sightseer  (Read 2927 times)

campnutt

• ---
Average Cost to Re-Stripe 2004 Sightseer
« on: August 09, 2015, 12:25:46 PM »
Hello, My vinyl stripes are worn, cracking and beginning to detach in some places. Hoping to get some feedback on average cost to restripe and where to look to have it done? I'm thinking a dealership won't be my best option. Thanks_campnutt

afchap

• ---
    • The Empty Nest
Re: Average Cost to Re-Stripe 2004 Sightseer
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 02:34:50 PM »
I would be inclined to check with auto paint shops about having the stripes done in paint. That would last much better than vinyl decals do.
Paul ... (KE5LXU), was fulltimin', now parttimin'...
'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40e
'05 Honda Odyssey toad
Escapees, FMCA, SMART, WIT
http://www.pjrider.com

SuperC

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 10:57:36 PM »
Have a 2005 Gulf Stream Conquest and I had a quote from a local shop to make slightly oversized new decals for unit at a cost of $2100. I have to remove the old ones. Had another company quote doing a wrap for around $4000. Prices will vary based on the company quoting.

scottydl

• Admin assist
  • ---
  • Central IL
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:49:27 AM »
A member here had a full vinyl wrap done recently, and documented/photographed the entire process.  I think that or paint would be a better option than just having more "sticker" stripes applied.  It all depends on your budget, and how long you plan to own the RV.
Scott, wife, 3 boys... and the dog
- 2008 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS
- 1995 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 tow vehicle
- 1994 Thor Residency motorhome... owned 2007-2012

jagnweiner

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 08:03:35 AM »
If you want to replace the factory decals, check with winnebagoparts.com.  They usually have the original factory decals available.  I bought some for my Itasca Horizon.  Probably close to $1000 to replace all decals, but still less than some of the other options.
-Scott
2000 Itasca Horizon 36LD

blw2

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 09:48:48 AM »
if it were me, I'd consider simplifying the design to keep costs down

I don't think I'd want a plain white RV, but generally simple is better in my taste....
Brad (DW + 3 kids)
13 Thor Chateau 31L Class C on Ford E-450
'06 Silverado
'05 Rockwood Freedom 1910 (5-1/2 years)
former tent campers

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 10:26:30 AM »
Three basic options here, one of which may not be available. One is factory replacement striping, which Winnebago may or may not have available for an '04. They generally do not produce more kits after the original production run of striping kits is sold out. Call and ask about yours. Option two is to have replacement decals fabricated by a vinyl/sign company, either an exact match or some alternate design. Option three is to have a Rbody shop paint the design on rather than using vinyl decals. All of these require a lot of labor to remove the old stuff first and clean the surface to receive the new. If you can do that yourself, great. If not, you are talking big bucks to pay somebody else to do it at a $100+/hour shop rate. It's many hours of hard labor, so think thousands rather than hundred of $.

At a guess, you are talking $4000 or so for labor and materials unless you do the removal yourself.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL