Horst Miracle Probe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adun015

How long has this product been available? I have a 2001 and it seems that the probes on the black tank have been changed out and was wondering if they had been out long enough for these to have been used and rusted really bad.
Also was wondering, the old sensors are the screw end type and look to be the same as the replacements other than the screw end vs the nut on the end. Can these be removed like the bolt end ones? Reason I ask is that when the replacement was completed in the black tank the old ones were left in and new holes drilled for the replacement sensors.
I know that some of these screw type sensors can't be removed as they were molded into the tank but these do not fit that description.

Thanks for any assistance.

The Horst Probes have been around long enough to have been used as replacement, but I don't think they were ever used as OEM. At least not in 2001. My memory is hazy, but I think Horst advertising started around summer of 2005. I found an article by The RV Doctor (Gary Bunzer) dated November, 2005, that references them. See  http://www.rvdoctor.com/2005/11/product-spotlight-real-rv-plumbing.html

Clay L said:
As a side note the Horst probes seem to no longer be in business. The domain is for sale when I try their URL.

I ran across an article when I was researching the Hortz probes where Valterra now has manufacturing and distribution rights to the Hortz Miracle Probe.
If they were out in 05 then that would allow plenty of time for rust to form on the nuts, guess the only way I am going to know for sure is to remove one.

I recall reading about Horst Probs shortly after I bought this 2005 so that sounds like a good age.

Question for the O/P... How have they been working out for you.. They made some rather grand claims (Like they claimed to actually WORK) and I'd like to know how they worked for you.

When you dump do they show EMPTY or do you still get a false level reading like I do with my Factory Probes?

John From Detroit said:
I recall reading about Horst Probs shortly after I bought this 2005 so that sounds like a good age.

Question for the O/P... How have they been working out for you.. They made some rather grand claims (Like they claimed to actually WORK) and I'd like to know how they worked for you.

When you dump do they show EMPTY or do you still get a false level reading like I do with my Factory Probes?

All I can confirm is that sensors have been replaced on the black tank, not sure what kind they are. From the posts it is possible that these are Horst but I won't know until I pull one out. I will update once I do a replacement and confirm if they were Horst replacements or just regular short sensors.

Here is a picture of the current screw type and the replacement nut type.
Is the screw type removed the same as the nut type sensor and does this look like a 3/8" hole on the screw type

Attachments

• IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Forum statistics