Leaving in a hurry while boon docking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliver quibble

Maybe you are at a Walmart parking lot, needing some much needed sleep.
What if you find yourself in a situation where during the night you think you need to get outta there! 
Your Honda CRV is still hooked up to the Class A and you need to leave immediately!
Does it hurt the CRV's transmission to forgo the starting steps?

I hope this doesn't happen, but I thought I should ask.
Thanks, Oliver

I am not familiar with the specific requirements of Honda's, but if your car was left hooked up the the rig and not driven, I don't see why you couldn't just drive away.  I would think you would only need to go through the hook up procedure if you had changed it in some way when you arrived.

I think if I found myself in such a situation, that Honda would be the least of my concern.....

Sorry, but I don't have an answer to the tech part of your question....

Assumiung you did the proper towing steps last time you were inside the CRV  likely not.
But I'd pull over ASASP (As Soon as SAFELY possivle) and perform the procedure.

Best recommendation is the policy I followed at one Truckstop along (I-10.. when I pulled into the lot I felt...  Well, lets say "Concerned" so I just kept the Motor home in "DRIVE" engine running and wheels turning.

John From Detroit said:
Assumiung you did the proper towing steps last time you were inside the CRV  likely not.
But I'd pull over ASASP (As Soon as SAFELY possivle) and perform the procedure.

X2 You should not have any problem doing that. Like John said, stop at the first rest stop or safe place and follow the procedure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom