popup wastewater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peartree1

Recently purchased 2008 Fleetwood Westlake and being a novice camoer I have a couple ofbasic questions.
#1 DO I purchase a portable grey water tank and hose connection since there is no grey water tank?
#2  There is a Thetford 402c cassette toilet installed. I have manufactures very small manual, can anyone point me to a how to video?

1. I use a 5 gal dry wall bucket & dump it daily.  I've seen people use a blue boy but that seems to be overkill to me.  Depends on where you camp.  I seem to wind up in a lot of full hookup sites lately.

2.  Google is your friend.

I used one of those blue aquatainer jugs bought at walmart or some such place...

Over on the popup forum I used to frequent, there was a guy that "invented" a clever way to plumb two of them together so that when one fills up the overflow would spill into a second one

I was never all that worried about a little spill, since it was just hand wash or toothbrush waste.... or maybe a bit of dirty dish water....  yeah yeah, i know....
and the aqua tainer was better than an open 5 gallon bucket or the kitty litter bucket I used to use....

Well as I said that's how I did it.. At first I used a 5 gallon collaspable bottle. the bottle or it's cap (forget which) had a hose fitting so I was able to reduce the outlet (No holding tank on the PUP) to a hose fitting and use a simple hose to connect,, I think I used a washing maching hose (Double female)

Later I got a 10 gallon blue boy and dumped half as often  I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SIZE but if you get one contact me and I'll "Fix" the reason,, which follows
5 gallon you can lug
10 is too heavy
15 you can tow with an adapter
20 and up no adapter needed

I have an adapter to tow a 10 gallon blue boy.

Had I gotten a 40 gallon one i"d be using it in some campgrounds with this Class A.. but alas,, did not.

Back
Top Bottom