Third brake light...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PAHipskind

I'm having trouble locating a replacement third brake light for my 2004 Itasca horizon 40AD.  It's a strip LED type, Winnebago part number 146204-01-000. Tried [email protected], Amazon, and eBay and they all don't seem to have it. Will call lichtsinn direct tomorrow, but any ideas? Also, how to replace? Looks like a panel in the engine compartment opening unscrews and I might be able to reach up to it. Thanks!

Replaced mine last year while the rear cap was off. Got it from Lichtsinn but was not cheap. Couln't find anything to replace it with other than the original part

It is held in place by a center clamp & screw on each end

Thanks Harry! - Do you suppose I can get to the light without pulling the whole rear cap?
Boomer - Strip seems bad as only the ~center 2 inches work.
Thanks!  Hopefully lichtsinn has them still...

Using the part number you posted...

http://www.amazon.com/American-AT-LED-80-Third-Brake-Light/dp/B00ODJ23ZE

dammit...currently not available.  :-[

Sorry. I tried.

Doesn't work on our vehicle and I have no intention of fixing it. I hate them, it is damned annoying following a guy with the left foot on the brake pedal.

Winnebago replaced mine when my Horizon was only a year or two old, then after a couple of years several of the LEDs didn't work again so I've given up on it.

What about home-building a brake light out of red waterproof strip lights from Amazon?  Do I need to worry about over voltage (pre-mature burn out, too bright for highway use, other issues)? If workable, what's your favorite water-proof brand off amazon?

Back
Top Bottom