Alberta Hwy 11 from Red Deer to Icefields Parkway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tootsiepie

Planning my trip next year going to Jasper and Bnaff.  Was going up to Jasper via 16 out of Edmonton but see there's Alberta Hwy 11 out of Red Deer which looks pretty good.  Was thinking of coming in on Hwy 11 and staying one night at the Icefields Parkway parking lot and then up to Jasper for four days.  Then take the drive south to Bnaff staying four days. Then down to Glacier National park staying at N. America RV Park in (west side) Corum MT. Was going to stay at St. Mary's on the east side of GNP but changing plans because the Flathead Lake and Missoula areas look like good destinations.  After Missoula heading to Yellowstone and Grand Teton.   

Question --  Is Hwy 11 good to go for RVers?  Looks like a good road but want to make sure.  Also any thoughts or suggestions on where we're going would be appreciated?  I'm making reservations in January at Whistlers in Jasper and Tunnel Mountain Trailer Ct in Bnaff. 

Thanks,  Deedee
2008 36 Phaeton
2016 Canyon

be sure to visit waterton national park on your way to glacier. it is is the canadian side of glacier and every bit as spectacular.
i have only driven 16 between jasper and edmonton and its a excellent road.

Back
Top Bottom