no 12volt power at all the genearator won't start either

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yayacarol

just got back to my daughters and had power last night , this morning checked and have no 12volt power at all the genearator won't start either what should i do can't figure it out

Foolish question, but do you have to plug the Shore Power Cord into the generator.  Many 30amp Motor homes that have two A/Cs will have one of the A/Cs wired directly to the 20amp output from the Generator and the 30amp Genny output powers the rest of the MH either thru a Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) or by plugging the Shore Power Cord into the Genny.

Turning on the Inverter will provide AC power from the Batteries and leaving it on without external AC input will deplete your batteries which matches your symptoms.

Plz verify whether you have an ATS (not referring to the ATS in the Inverter) that switches between Shore Power and Genny.

If you have a 30amp female receptacle in your Power Bay then you probably do not have an ATS and you will have to plug your Shore Power Cord into that receptacle when using the Genny. 

Since the generator won't even start, it seems to me that checking its circuit breakers is academic.

Yaya: What kind of rig is this? If it has a battery disconnect (battery use/store switch), might it be turned off?  What does your battery status monitor say for stat of charge?

Okay - I missed that Yayacarol was posting a new problem to an existing thread.  I split off her post and the replies.

Carol - welcome.  We need to know your unit's year, model and floorplan to help you.

I was out with my new coach this past weekend with same problem. Some knowledgeable people on this forum said to check battery disconnect switch located at entry way. That was problem. I had pressed it when putting out awning on my Winnebago.
Deb

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom