Ants in pop up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tharmer084

Help! My husband and I bought a used pop up and have been battling a never ending fight with ants. Mostly outside, some inside. I've ran through almost 5 cans of raid, mostly doing crowd control. I need to locate the nest and destroy it. My question is, can I tape off bottom on camper outside and use fogger underneath? Has anyone had a similar experiemce? I'm not sure if the nest is underneath. Any ideas are greatly needed and appreciated!!

Bomb the inside. As far as the ants outside not sure if there is anything you can do except move to another site.

The fog spay isn't really effective, as you've found. A granulated product like jyro suggested is what you need.

This spring we were camping at a COE park where a site down the road was infested with ants. In just one day, they got into every crevice of that poor guy's trailer.

Terro works well also. At first it seems like the ants gets worse, but then quickly tapers off to nothing.

I have had good luck with Bug be Gone by Ortho. Works outside and in just spray it like the bug man would. Make sure you get around points of entry. Was told it is the same type of chems used by professionals but not as high a concentration. You can also set out the feeders like was suggested so they take the bait back to the nest. Combine the two and should get rid of them. FYI I had a folddown at a campsite years ago. A tree fell in a storm next to it. The ants that were camped in the tree decided to nest in the camper. We opened it up and found large black ants 2 to 3 inches deep piled on the one bed. I had my spray bottle of Bug be Gone in hand and a slaughter took place. Good luck with your problem I know it's very frustrating.

If you are part timers.. Park the camper (You can either set it up or leave it closed but it might work better poped up)

Install one Bug Bomb (Fogger) The Ortho product is good.. If you get one from a Vet it may be better)

Close and lock door, place a tag or sticker on it that says "BOMBED DO NOT OPEN TILL (Tomorrow's date)

Come back in 24 hours and open door.. Lock it open (close screen only)
Come back in one hour and open windows turn on fans if you got 'em.

Come back when you think it's properly aired out and remove bub bomb, vacuum dead ants (Sing Pink Panther Theme Dead And, Dead And , Dead And Dead ant dead Aaaannnnnntttt) as you vacuum (optional).

And close it to storage condition.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom