For anyone looking for a TPMS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

I built the bullet a couple of weeks ago and got new tires to replace my cracking ( :mad:) Michelins.  In the process I replaced four of my rusty steel rims with Alcoa Durabrights, and scrapped the often failing SmarTire system.  I replaced it with this system from EEZTire : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PU1PVH6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I've had two other TPMSs, a Hawkshead, and the SmartTire that was installed on our RV when we bought it.  The Hawkshead was a good system but for my uses the display always was too small.  The SmarTire has never been reliable, and since they are no longer making replacement senders for the RV systems headed for extinction as far as we're concerned.  Scrapped it and good riddance.

I bought the EEZTire with 6 flow through sensors and 4 cap sensors for our towed.  It took about 5 minutes to program the tire positions 'off the vehicle'.  Select the position and touch the sensor you're going to use for that position to the bottom of the receiver unit, the senders code displays and you move on to the next tire position.  Easy enough and worked flawlessly.

Once installed on our coach the senders started sending pressure and temp readings.  As long as the device is powered up the display scrolls through all programmed positions and displays pressure and temp in numbers big enough to be read from several feet away.

After several years of occasionally losing signal from my rear wheels in spite of having the antenna smack dab in the middle of the coach I am amazed by the performance of the new system.  My DW parked the towed vehicle 60-70 feet behind our coach, all the way across the lot from where we were staying and I was still getting pressure and temp readings from those senders.  I left the system on for several hours and watched the temp/pressures change with the sunlight hitting the tires.

If you're looking for a TPMS I highly recommend EEZTire.

Beware:  I just received the EEZ RV TPMS system today from EEZ RV Products.  CORRODED BATTERY ON ONE SENSOR.  If you understand electronics and storage, you know this is not a minor issue. The other sensors could very well have the same issue, since they are all stored in the same box with the same exposure to moisture. They do not store or ship these components in moisture-free containers/bags...like electronic devices with batteries should be. I am not going to take apart the sensors to inspect them.

Two sensor's codes would not sync/program.  So, the only thing I could do was check the battery first....Brown Corrosion on battery and sensor. Moisture and electronics do not go together. I sent them an email to request an RMA# for returning the entire kit. I also suggested that they store and ship this kit in a moisture free bag.  As a  Navy veteran, having worked on aircraft electronics for 7 years, we always stored and shipped electronic components in moisture-free/anti-static bags.

I will not take chances on a NEW product out of the box with this kind of issue.  Moisture is inevitable since these will eventually be connected on the outside of RV, but there are steps you can take to reduce this.

I am sure this is a great product.  But unless the company is also great at proper procedures, I won't buy from them.

Just passing it on. 

Have a nice day

Attachments

• sensor.JPG
    sensor.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 63
Wow, that's a super bummer. Hopefully it's a "one off". I put my EEzrv system in about a month ago and couldn't be happier. Hopefully mine isn't a one off :-/

Thank you...yeah a big bummer, since I really liked the reviews and the system seems quiet simple to use, and the instructions are really good and easy to understand.  I just get nervous when something NEW, shows signs of NEGLECT. The product isn't the problem from all the things I have heard about it.  The procedures that the company overlooked just shows me that they either don't care, don't understand, don't agree or don't want the extra cost...or like you said, it is probably just a 'one-off'. How will I ever know?  Oh Well. I hope you have great success with your system.  Happy and Safe Travels.

That looks more like a battery failure to me. I'm not sure I would blame the company too quickly. Did you contact the company for a replacement, and what did they say? 

I am fairly certain that the company making the TPMS didn't manufacture the batteries.  Let us know what the manufacture says.

8Muddypaws said:
In the process I replaced four of my rusty steel rims with Alcoa Durabrights

I had bought a set of Alcoa's to replace some steel wheels I had on a previous rig.  I have Accu-ride aluminum wheels on my current rig, but they don't hold a candle to the Alcoa's.  The Alcoa's were were twice as bright as the Accu-rides, and coated to boot.

Cmrayaustin,

Your picture is a little fuzzy, but it appears that the corrosion could have been caused by a leaking battery. Did you happen to notice who the battery manufacturer is?

Hopefully, EEZ does the analysis necessary to find out if the problem was moisture intrusion or the battery, and developers a quality inspection or test to ensure this is not a recurring problem.

I've had the EEZ Tire TPMS installed for over a year with no issues. I bought 8 flow thrus for the motorhome and 4 cap type for the car. Turned out that the flow thrus wouldn't fit on the "hard" extenders for the inside duals. I called the EEZ rep and he did an exchange for me not cost. He actually shipped the replacement cap type the day I called not waiting to get the flow thrus back first. Good service.

The EEZ's replaced Pressure Pro. I changed for 3 reasons: 1st EEZ has replaceable batteries, 2: I like the convenient of the flow thrus, 3: PP Customer Service wouldn't replace a PP that had ballooned over 1/4" on one side. They said it was a user issue.

ken

The batteries are installed in a sealed waterproof compartment on each sensor.  Seems unlikely that the culprit was moisture.  Looks like they got a bad batch of batteries. 

I haven't personally seen any CRxxxx batteries rupture but it does happen.  They're all made in China.

Back
Top Bottom