Xantrex Pro Watt 2000 EO1 Fault Code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gt350ed

Just finished this install. 3/0 cables, less than 5 ft. The input battery voltage reading on the inverter digital display is 12.8 volts. As an initial test, I plugged a Mr. Coffee coffee maker into the inverter. It's throwing a EO1 code which, according to the manual means "low battery voltage". All connections...positive cable, negative cable and chassis ground are tight. Everything is new, including battery bank. My batteries are charged as further evidenced by the battery monitor.

Any ideas?

Weak battery is the most likely cause. You are drawing 100A or more. Monitor the voltage at the input to the inverter as you plug successively higher loads into it until you get the fault (or just have the batteries tested).

Ernie

I'm thinking the same as others. Can you watch the display while someone else turns on the coffee maker? If the inverter display goes back to eo1,  use a voltmeter to get a reading of the battery input voltage. It should be below 10.5 volts to get that fault code. A Mr Coffee is a pretty large load. Try some smaller loads to see how it acts. If seems to work correctly with smaller loads, you may want to have your batteries load tested. By the way,  it will probably take a decent size battery bank to run 2000 watts.

Here is a bit more explanation of the above comments:  When the amp load is high, the battery voltage falls dramatically, so weak batteries (maybe just one of the set), or a bad connection at one of them, will cause the voltage to drop below the inverter's minimum threshold (probably 11v). This will also happen if the battery simply doesn't have enough amp-hour capacity to supply the need. Guessing that your coffeemaker demands around 800-1000 watts, that means an amp draw from the battery(s) of around 90 amps. That's a huge power draw if you have only one battery, say maybe a Group 24 or 27 size 12v, and would typically cause the voltage to drop to around6-8 volts.  That's even a lot for two typical batteries.

Try it with a much smaller load, e.g. a small table lamp, and see if it works. If it does, you just need more battery.

Hi guys! Sorry to have put you all thru this. And, of course, all of you are correct. In a sense, it WAS a low battery from the INVERTER'S point-of-view even though IT was displaying 12.8 volts. The problem was that I had not tightened EVERYTHING. Specifically, I forgot to tighten the two lugs holding the T1 fuse. So, I'm presuming there was enough contact to DISPLAY voltage but nothing else. Although I have NOT tried the coffee maker as yet, I did plug in a drill. It worked fine with no error code. I'll try the coffee maker, but I think I solved my problem...fingers crossed. Thanks for the offers of assistance and advice.

BTW, the battery bank consists of 4 new 6 volt GC2 Golf Cart batteries wired in parallel and series producing 12 volts and 440ah. It's not the batteries. It's pilot error.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom