Quality built resources?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dilings

Hi, newbie here.  We've searched online and in person and are having a hard time determining which TT is built well and which are cheaper.  I've read responses that say there are higher end in each manufacturer.  How do I find which models those are?  We are looking at 28-30' real living TT's since we can't afford an Airstream.  TV is 2015 F-250 club cab with trailer tow pkg.  Just the three of us, retired couple and 70# dog.  We plan to travel and live in it for 2 Summer months to get relief from AZ heat.  Would love to hear which TT's have well-built frames, cabinets, drawers, etc.  Thanks in advance!

What Seilerbird says!  The MSRP is a reliable guide. There is no free lunch, and "better built' costs money up-front.

The better built brands of travel trailer include Jaycos, Winnebago/Sunnybrook (same builder), and the higher priced models from Keystone &  Forest River. There are more, but you implied that price is a key factor so no point in me listing Airstreams, New Horizons, etc.

Everybody asks about "best quality" but most always opt for lowest purchase price. Caveat emptor.

My advice is to buy used and get a brand that was originally higher priced.

Thanks guys.  I should have proof-read my question.  By cheaper, I meant cheaper built cabinets, etc, not the cheaper priced  trailer.  And not "real living" but rear living.  However, after looking today, we liked new Panthesr and Cougars.  Both seemed well built compared to the Catalina and others we liked on paper.  However, we may choose a used tt for a year and go smaller.  Any thoughts on these two well-maintained oldies?  2004 Komfort 23TS vs 2005 Nomad 250L.  By comparing their new prices, I think the Komfort is initially more expensive - i.e. better built??

If you have the eye for it, cheap cabinetry is pretty easy to spot. It's made with particle board or MDF. The surface is glorified contact paper made to resemble wood. Drawer slides and door hinges are crappy stuff.

You can make a fairly decent but still lower cost cabinet from MDF, but the surface will be a wood veneer (or at least a top grade on vinyl with wood grain texture), and the hardware will be solid stuff.

Back
Top Bottom