Interior light help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Litng1

I have a 1996 hideaway slide in.in good shape everything works except interior lights on right side and center light.
Interior lights over stove and lights in left side and outside work fine.
they all worked fine couple days ago.I checked and replaced all fuses checked breakers and all is good.
running off battery or hook up same results half interior lights work.
Where should I look guys thanks

Chances are that you have a bad connection somewhere along the line. The lights are typically wired in parallel with the two wires from one fixture run to the next and the next and the next. Start with the light that is closest physically to the fuse panel or main light switch. It helps if you have a voltage tester, or better yet a tone injector, but who (besides me) has one of those. If all of the lights are fed from one switch then the switch may be the culprit.

baphenatem said:
better yet a tone injector, but who (besides me) has one of those.
I do, very handy tool for troubleshooting. To the OP, the advice he gave is spot on. Just going to have have to trace it down to find bad connection. To baphenatem, did you ever take the old style phone handles and use them for identifying wires? Telling my age here I guess haha.

Thanks guys I had what looked to be some metal slivers on one light and shorted them out.cleaned if off works great

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I have used old phone sets with a dry cell battery to power them. We also used to use "sound powered phones" back in the days before everybody had a two-way radio or cell phone on their hip. Later on, if we had a huge bundle of wires and couldn't figure out which one was which we'd plug it into an extension cord and find the other end with a "tick tracer" non-contact voltage tester. These days they have a much safer unit that injects a high frequency signal that you track down with a tuned receiver.

Back
Top Bottom