Yamaha EF4500iSE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HondoFlatty

Does anyone have a Yamaha EF4500iSE? I started by looking at the Honda EU3000 but I have moved my attention to the Yamaha for several reasons. Run time, output, wheels, OE remote start, reliability, quality of build, etc... Yes, it's heavy, I'm going to have to do a ramp and either a block and tackle setup or a Harbor Freight handheld electric winch.. I'm really not concerned about the weight.

The problem is, while it is a decent seller for Yamaha, there is very little info online from us users. I've found 30-40 written reviews on Amazon and GenSet retail sites but I can't find any sound comparisons to the closest Honda product, the 3000.

How quiet/loud is this Yamaha????? haha.. We've all heard every Honda available in every campground across this Great Country but since Honda/Yamaha sales are probably close to 30-1, I've never seen one in wild..

I've read a lot of reviews from people that are very pleased with the Yamaha and they say it is "quiet" but what are we comparing it to...? Some say quieter than the Honda. I spoke with a salesman that said opposite, said he has a Honda and a friend of his has a the Yamaha, his claim is the Honda is quieter. That should be taken with a grain of salt though as he stocks the Honda and not the Yamaha and sales want to move product today, not tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom