My new "RV"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oscar Mike

My new "RV"...well almost. I will be installing a Roof Top Tent (RTT) in the near future, and then this will become my boon docking/off-the-grid accommodations.

Attachments

• Jeep and Ruger Trailer 007.JPG
    Jeep and Ruger Trailer 007.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Jeep and Ruger Trailer 001.JPG
    Jeep and Ruger Trailer 001.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Jeep and Ruger Trailer 011.JPG
    Jeep and Ruger Trailer 011.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 149
Nice John! I have seen a few Jeeps with the RTT and think it's a great idea. I would have one if I did more off road boondocking. Is the trailer just for gear, or does it have cooking facilities?

Interesting little trailer John. Have not seen anything like that. How did you come across it?

Becks said:
Interesting little trailer John. Have not seen anything like that. How did you come across it?

I ran across a similar trailer (Adventure Trailers) at a outdoor show that was decked out with a roof top tent, water tanks, batteries, kitchen, and so forth. I instantly fell head-over-heels in love with the darn thing. My trailer is a stripped down version (Ruger Trailers) of the Adventure Trailer. But I have every piece of camping gear  known to man (or so says my wife) that all I needed for those back country trips was a way to get my gear to the outback. I have it set up to tow behind my Jeep, i.e., same tires and wheels. I also have the ability to tow it behind my FJ, I just have to carry an extra spare.

Roof Top Tent installed.

Attachments

• RTT 004.JPG
    RTT 004.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 93
SargeW said:
Outstanding John! Have you had the chance to try it out yet?

I am just finishing the set up, my first camping trip in the "new RV" will be 9/25-9/27. I did take a nap in it yesterday...very comfortable.

Sweet!!!  Looks like you will have it made now.  Have fun but don't forget about the Wife. ;)

legrandnormand said:
That sounds or looks like a little toy to some...I don't think I'd fit in that bunk or what you call a bed !I prefer the 30J !

I am 6'3 and 215# (down from 242#), and I fit the bunk nicely, which is 48" x 96", and you're right I prefer the 30J, but I am not about to take my MH anywhere close to where I'll take this little trailer.

This weekend (9/25-9/27) I'll be in the tent contraption, as I am doing a camping trip with fellow Jeep people in Calico, CA (31 signed up). The following week at the Mojave National Preserve...motor home all the way.

Doing tent camping and four-wheeling has been great for me...down 27# in 6-months.

I wish I had a jeep as a toad ! I have seen many friends from Apache Junction area going for a 4X4 ride and picnic with the spouse, driving for hours on private trails in montains of Arizona.

legrandnormand said:
I wish I had a jeep as a toad ! I have seen many friends from Apache Junction area going for a 4X4 ride and picnic with the spouse, driving for hours on private trails in montains of Arizona.

It's the most fun you can legally have going less than 5 mph.

I was finally able to spend the night in my new sleeping quarters. As always, whenever I am out in the RV, a tent, or this contraption I slept good. We went over to Calico Ghost Town, CA and camped out. It was well over 100F, but around midnight it began to cool down enough to go to bed. Another of the group...the smart ones brought their motor home, and had FHU. The rest of sat under the only tree big enough for shade...I fell in love with that tree, it is a very good tree, and it has irrigation.

Although this thing is great for four-wheeling and camping with my friends, I missed my Aspect all weekend.

Attachments

• WP_20150927_07_08_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150927_07_08_34_Pro.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Calico 2015 Desert Wranglers 002.JPG
    Calico 2015 Desert Wranglers 002.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Calico 2015 Desert Wranglers 004.JPG
    Calico 2015 Desert Wranglers 004.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Calico 2015 Desert Wranglers 025.JPG
    Calico 2015 Desert Wranglers 025.JPG