Full Time Rv's income

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruns302

My wife and I have a dream. That is to full time RV.  We have purchased a beautiful 2003 38 ft  Itasca Suncruiser. The one thing that stops us is making enough money to fulfill our dream.  There are so many scams out there saying to work on the internet or on the road, but how do you know what are scams and what are legit opportunities?  Any advice would be great on what opportunities there are for a couple who want to travel.

It's like any other job - you get out and apply for them and decide if it suits your skills and income needs.  If you are talking about ads that promise you an easy and amply income for a few hours work each day, forget it. Why would anybody have to advertise a job like that? They would need police to manage the mass of people seeking that easy, high paying work!

You either travel to some place and start making the rounds to apply for jobs, or you apply for jobs via phone/internet/main and then go to it when and if accepted.

There are some places that often use RVers as a labor source, usually temporary (seasonal). Amazon.com at Christmas, various seasonal vendors, gate guards at remote locations (like oil fields), nursing positions (LPN & RN), and some skilled construction trades (riggers, pipe fitters, etc). Workamper.com is a clearing house for RVers that wish to work, but they are mostly low-pay or no-pay (volunteer and receive a campsite) jobs.

Being a fulltimer is for some people a big YES but a big NO for others. Usually, being a fulltimer means that you are retired, that you travel a lot following the proper warm weather, meaning that a motorhome is not a residence for cold winter temperatures.
For sure, you'll need funds to experience it.
Have you tried living in your rv for ? 3 months to find out if both of you can live in that ? 304 sq foot area ?
It can be a bargain being a fulltimer but you still have to pay for camping spots while travelling and paying for gas at probably 10 mi/gal !
If you choose to settle in to one spot for a few months, it will be even cheaper.
If you still have to work to be a fulltimer, good luck my friend.

bruns302 said:
  There are so many scams out there saying to work on the internet or on the road, but how do you know what are scams and what are legit opportunities? 
The first rule of the Internet is that if it sounds too good to be true then it is false.

depending on what you or your wife do, do they allow you to work from home. My wife is interviewing for a billing spot with a MD and they allow you to work from home after 6-8 months once they know you know what to do. She said they have 3 people that work from other states, 2 from michigan and one from SC i believe. And once she is allowed to work from home, we could go take a vacation, and she could bring the latop with her, and work a day or two that way she wont have to take as much time off. Something to look into as it could help.

Hopefully, this article will help you get some ideas of what is out there.

http://www.technomadia.com/2014/06/mobile-income-sources-for-non-retired-rvers-jobs-careers-and-workamping/

Appreciate all the advice.  legrandnormand.  Great advice.  We did try out a period in the RV.  We spent a month in our 28 ft Class C just to see.  The week after, we traded the class C in for a 38 ft Class A. The time together was great.  But with 2 dogs and a cat, my wife and I, Class C was too small.  The Class A is perfect.  We have a steady permanent partial income.  Full time work is not what we need.  We are looking for supplemental income to cover basics, like maintenance expenses, site seeing, and entertainment.  A lot of great advice.  I intend to learn as much as I can before making the jump full time.  We know we will like it.  Just want to make sure we are well prepared before taking off.

bruns302 said:
Appreciate all the advice.  legrandnormand.  Great advice.  We did try out a period in the RV.  We spent a month in our 28 ft Class C just to see.  The week after, we traded the class C in for a 38 ft Class A. The time together was great.  But with 2 dogs and a cat, my wife and I, Class C was too small.  The Class A is perfect.  We have a steady permanent partial income.  Full time work is not what we need.  We are looking for supplemental income to cover basics, like maintenance expenses, site seeing, and entertainment.  A lot of great advice.  I intend to learn as much as I can before making the jump full time.  We know we will like it.  Just want to make sure we are well prepared before taking off.
Read this to prepare:

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=435:fulltimeprep&catid=29&Itemid=132

bruns302 said:
Appreciate all the advice...
If you own a house, why not try to rent it full equiped for a year and then decide if you sell it or not; or, if you are a tenant and have goods that you really like, why not put them in storgae for that period.
If all is well, then you sell the house to the leaser or anyone else; if not, you sell the rv. ;)

One way of knowing that's not a scam is to start your own online business. Depending on how much you can hussle will depend when you open your business (preferably not waiting until you're on the road, but it's not impossible). A good command of social networking will definitely be a plus and advertising for endless hours will also be a part of it. Most people don't realize that they really have a lot to offer - it's just putting yourself out there and going after it.

I am surprised I have never seen this mentioned here in the forum. I moved from NY to California and I Mystery shop. In fact anyone who can write and has a computer can mystery shop. You can earn 500-1k a week and not even work full time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom