Big Bend National Park,Texas Rally - April 17-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a great looking picture guys.  Looks like a beautiful place.

Always nice to see new rally members, makes Chrystal and I feel like we're not the noobs anymore. ;)

Happy New Year everyone.  April will be here before we know it.

Mike & Chrystal.

Just an update to everyone.  I am attaching a new attendee list.  Pretty much the same
with the exception of Paul DeMariais. 

Additionally due to a catastrophic failure of my Hydra-Lift motorcycle carrier I will NOT be
bringing my Harley to Big Bend which I really regret.  There are some great roads around
there to ride on.  I guess we may have to take the top off the new Jeep and go for a ride
topless.  Don't let my misfortune stop you from bringing yours.  Great roads in the Big Bend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Texas once again....

THE Big Larry

THE-BigLarry said:
Just an update to everyone.  I am attaching a new attendee list.  Pretty much the same
with the exception of Paul DeMariais. 

Additionally due to a catastrophic failure of my Hydra-Lift motorcycle carrier I will NOT be
bringing my Harley to Big Bend which I really regret.  There are some great roads around
there to ride on.  I guess we may have to take the top off the new Jeep and go for a ride
topless.  Don't let my misfortune stop you from bringing yours.  Great roads in the Big Bend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Texas once again....
Wow I hope your lift didnt brake off for the frame.  I installed a cable lift for a  friends class A its  welded to the frame and has latch with some pins  that lock in place  if there is a cable failure.  Hopefully there wasn't a  jeep being towed.
THE Big Larry

Larry, due to some ongoing health issues, Lorna and I have had to cancel our reservation for Big Bend.  Sorry we'll miss everyone.

Ned said:
Larry, due to some ongoing health issues, Lorna and I have had to cancel our reservation for Big Bend.  Sorry we'll miss everyone.

We're sorry to hear this Ned.  We all hope these issues are resolved favorably.
Take care of yourself and the lovely Ms. Lorna.  We will hopefully cross trails with
you both real soon. . . . .

THE Big Larry

Jesse Vaught said:
Jesse and Vicki Vaught will be there.  Thanks

Awesome.  We look forward to getting acquainted.  Glad to have you on board.  We gained one
and lost one, but that is to be expected. 

Attached is Word list of those attendees who have RSVP'd so far. . . . .

Attachments

• BigBend Attendance.docx
    14 KB · Views: 47
The current issue of Westways magazine, a publication of the Southern California Auto Club, has a few photos of what they consider to be some of the best spots for star gazing in the country.  The attached photo is from a location within Big Bend National Park which, according to the article, has the least amount of light pollution in any of the NPS sites in the lower 48. 

Attachments

• Bib Bend at night.jpg
    Bib Bend at night.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 29
Ned, hate to hear you and Lorna won't be there for the rally. Was looking forward to seeing you again.  Hopefully things will get better and we'll see you down the road.

Robin

Hi all, This is Dan & Brenda Shuler from Michigan.  We are new FMCA members.  We want to attend the Big Bend National Park, Texas Rally  April 17-24.

Please advise who we contact to make reservations.

Thank You,
Dan & Brenda

shulerd said:
Hi all, This is Dan & Brenda Shuler from Michigan.  We are new FMCA members.  We want to attend the Big Bend National Park, Texas Rally  April 17-24.

Please advise who we contact to make reservations.

Thank You,
Dan & Brenda

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! ! !  We look forward to having you join our merry band of misfits.

On the opening page of this thread, there is a link to the Maverick RV Ranch. 
To make a reservation, call Maverick Ranch RV Park at 432.424.5180.

Link to the RV park is

http://www.lajitasgolfresort.com/default.aspx?pg=maverickranch
( may have to copy and paste it into your browser.)

I will add you to our list of attendees.  We like to think we are a fun group to hang around with.
You will only be "Newbies" for about 5 minutes, then you're one of the group. 

See you in a short couple of months.

THE Big Larry

24 Coaches so far.  We have 30 spaces 'reserved' so if you have any friends
you think might enjoy our party, Bring Em ! ! ! !

Attachments

• BigBend Attendance.docx
    14.1 KB · Views: 14
THE-BigLarry said:
24 Coaches so far.  We have 30 spaces 'reserved' so if you have any friends
you think might enjoy our party, Bring Em ! ! ! !

I met a guy on "another" forum that I have mentioned it to.  Hope he joins in on the rally.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
I met a guy on "another" forum that I have mentioned it to.  Hope he joins in on the rally.

Mike.

We have friends that are full time RV people, and some that are not but just enjoy RV'ing.
We mention it to them and invite them to be a part.  ALL are welcome. . . Come on down ! !

zmotorsports said:

Mike.

Hi y'all, I may be the guy that Mike's referring to. I joined this forum and made reservations at Maverick Ranch although I haven't received confirmation yet. It's not unusual to have to follow up and I will check back with them in a couple of days. A friend we travel with is trying to squeeze the Rally dates into his schedule as well.

What type of terrain and difficulty can we expect on the planned wheeling rides? Both of my Jeeps have 3" lifts and 32's but aren't equipped for hard core crawling. Looking forward to meeting the group and enjoying the Lajitas area... it's one of our favorite relatively close to home destinations!

~David & Kay~

Thunderfoot said:
Hi y'all, I may be the guy that Mike's referring to. I joined this forum and made reservations at Maverick Ranch although I haven't received confirmation yet. It's not unusual to have to follow up and I will check back with them in a couple of days. A friend we travel with is trying to squeeze the Rally dates into his schedule as well.

What type of terrain and difficulty can we expect on the planned wheeling rides? Both of my Jeeps have 3" lifts and 32's but aren't equipped for hard core crawling. Looking forward to meeting the group and enjoying the Lajitas area... it's one of our favorite relatively close to home destinations!

~David & Kay~

Dave, great to see you here and glad to hear you and your wife will be joining us.

As far as wheeling, I am not sure about the exact area in Texas, but I am familiar with many of the Jeeps the members here have and your Jeep will fit right in.

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife in Texas.

Mike.

Thunderfoot said:

~David & Kay~

Welcome David & Kay aka "Thunderfoot". 

It has been a common issue in getting the RV park to respond or confirm, but everyone has been able to with some
persistence.  I am sure you will also. 

As to Jeep performance, we're not sure.  Many of us have been to this area several times, but have not been wheeling
in the area.  As for me, I have purchased a new Jeep and will not have had an opportunity to get my lift etc. installed so
I will be running a stock Rubicon.  Lift, shocks and other mods will begin this summer.  Typically our wheeling accommodates
most all levels of Jeepdom, so bring what ever you want and go where ever you can is the order of the day.

Additionally if you're a shooter bring your firearms as we plan to have a day or two of all levels of shooting from pistols
to long range.  It should be good time.

We look forward to getting acquainted with you guys. 

THE Big Larry

Larry, please add Linda and Richard Sharp to the attendance list. They already have their reservations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom