Big Bend National Park,Texas Rally - April 17-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome Linda & Richard.  We are up to 26 coaches so far.  Sounds like a party to me. . . .

Attachments

• BigBend Attendance.docx
    14.3 KB · Views: 11
THE Big Larry, I received your PM but cannot reply. An error message pops up saying I can't send PM's? I searched the help topics but can't find a solution. At any rate, thanks for the welcome and rally info! If you have any ideas on the PM situation I'd appreciate the help. Thanks,

~David

Not sure about why you can't send PM's.  Maybe view the "navigation" page on the web site.  I am not well versed enough on this page to help much.  I can send and receive PMs.  I don't remember what I asked.....  May have been looking for a last name to add to the list.  Some folks don't want last name out on the internet, most don't mind.  Either way. . . .

See you in under 90 days. . . . . .

THE-BigLarry said:
See you in under 90 days. . . . . .

WOW!  It is creeping up fast and I still have a ton of work to do before I'm ready for the 2016 RVing season.

I had better kick it in the butt, huh. ;D

Mike.

Thunderfoot said:
THE Big Larry, I received your PM but cannot reply. An error message pops up saying I can't send PM's? I searched the help topics but can't find a solution. At any rate, thanks for the welcome and rally info! If you have any ideas on the PM situation I'd appreciate the help. Thanks,

~David

As I remember PMs are restricted for new members until they make 5 posts. So after your next post you should be able to send PMs.
All part of the software attempt to limit hackers.

Glad you're joining us.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
As I remember PMs are restricted for new members until they make 5 posts. So after your next post you should be able to send PMs.
All part of the software attempt to limit hackers.

Glad you're joining us.

ken

Okay David, Ken may have highlighted the issue, you need to start posting away. :D

Mike.

I just happened to realize we are under 90 days away from the Big Bend Rally so I thought
it might be a good time to go over some 'Please Do, and Please Don'ts' for our gathering. 

1.  Please wear a name tag/badge of some kind.  This will help us old folks to remember
who you are.  If you don't wear a name badge, you will have to put up with me introducing
myself to you repeatedly. . .  It's Wendy's Rule.  "Wear your damn name badge" . . . .

2.  Many members have animals/pets/furry kids.  Most all of us like and enjoy them. 
We do ask however that none of them attend any social gatherings where food will be served.
This is to include happy hours and pot luck dinners.  Some people also have an allergy to certain
pet dander and we just want to be sure everyone can participate and enjoy social time. 

3.  Most if not all happy hours will include adult beverages.  Please enjoy responsibly.

More details may follow as time gets close.  We are really looking forward to warmer weather in
South Texas. 

THE Big Larry

zmotorsports said:
WOW!  It is creeping up fast and I still have a ton of work to do before I'm ready for the 2016 RVing season.

Mike.

You and me both!

THE-BigLarry said:
It's Wendy's Rule.  "Wear your damn name badge" . . . .

Check out the Quartzsite discussion for how scared the newbies were about not having a name badge and how creative you can be ?

zmotorsports said:

Mike.
              Mike, lets hear what your list consists of. Mine is huge as well, seems I never catch up and it only grows bigger with time. Having missed Q I'm ready for Texas. Hoping I can catch Lake Havasu Jeep rally on the way to Pahrump then from there to Texas. Hope the winter is going fast for you guys.
  Gary

Becks said:
              Mike, lets hear what your list consists of. Mine is huge as well, seems I never catch up and it only grows bigger with time. Having missed Q I'm ready for Texas. Hoping I can catch Lake Havasu Jeep rally on the way to Pahrump then from there to Texas. Hope the winter is going fast for you guys.
  Gary

I didn't realize you and Darlene missed QZ this year.  That's too bad.  Chrystal and I really wanted to go but this stinkin' work thing got in the way and I am wearing Chrystal down on boondocking for more than a couple of days.

Part of my list pertains to being talked into a flag pole by Terry Brewer.  I ordered a flagpole with LED lighting before Christmas and it finally showed up this week.  I have also been fabricating a Watts link for the front suspension of our coach and want to finish up the machining and get it welded into place before TX.  I think that will be a good long test drive for it.  I also want to install a new Winegard Trav'ler satellite dish before TX.  There were multiple people responsible for talking me into that one from last year's rally.  I also want to rebuild my Roadmaster Sterling tow bar before the 2016 travel season.  I have all of the parts but I just can't seem to find the time to do it.

Mike.

Mike, sounds like you have plenty of work to keep you busy all winter. We had one of those flagpoles on our list also after seeing Terry's and others at Q last year. We are having solar installed on our coach for this years X-Mas present so should have plenty of power for a few more lights. Hope staying busy makes the winter go faster for you. Hi to Chrystal, and tell her to quit worrying about boondocking. See you soon.
    Gary

Henry & I bought new flag poles at Hershey PA RV show.  Here are photos of mine.
It's mounted to the 4x4 crossbar on my Hydralift.  I need to drill a hole in the bottom
of this as I found out recently it holds water.  I need to drain it.  But for now Old Glory
is flying proudly.

The LED Light on top is from Amazon.  I think it was less than $20.  They wanted a bunch
more for them at the RV show.  I guess they don't think we have internet in our coaches. . .

It looks really good at night. . . .  See you in Big Bend.

Attachments

• IMG_9472.JPG
    IMG_9472.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9473.JPG
    IMG_9473.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 29
Jennifer and Dan are coming.  They gave us RV01.  Larry, is RV01 in in the mix with the others or should I try for a different site?

Thanks, Jennifer

Welcome Jennifer & Dan.  Can I get a last name for the list of attendees???

As to RV01, I have no real idea about the layout of the park.  I have looked at the map and several people
have indicated an assigned spot.  I suspect we will take over about half of the park or so.  I don't think being
in any one site will be better than another.  As long as you told them you're with RVFORUM.NET I think they
are grouping us together.

We look forward to getting to know you guys.

THE Big Larry

Dan McBride and Jennifer Everett (ferfer)

I told her the group and dates but I had to change the departure date from 23 to 24 - so who knows what she heard?

It will all be good.

Jennifer

ferfer said:
Dan McBride and Jennifer Everett (ferfer)

I told her the group and dates but I had to change the departure date from 23 to 24 - so who knows what she heard?

It will all be good.

Jennifer

Got it, and you're right about that.  It will all be good.  See you in a short few days. . . . . .

THE Big Larry

A couple items to note:

Stock jeeps or other 4x4's will have no problem negotiating the trails we will be exploring in Big Bend.

Also, please remember from an earlier post that Maverick Ranch RV Park has a strict no light policy so everyone can enjoy the magnificent night skies.

So all of you folks that have or will be assembling your Alien landing craft flagpole lights, you will have to wait for another rally to have your Walt Griswold lights competition!

Very happy to see the attendance list grow and I look forward to sharing a part of Texas that I was connected with for many years.

Gary

For people that will be making a reservation at Maverick Ranch RV Park, try calling:

That number may get you straight through to Toni, the park manager.

Please be patient as from personal experience, everything runs on 'Terlingua Time'.

Gary

bajarat said:
So all of you folks that have or will be assembling your Alien landing craft flagpole lights, you will have to wait for another rally to have your Walt Griswold lights competition!

Larry & Henry

I  suggest we  move the rally  to another location that doesn't have so many rules.<G>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom