Big Bend National Park,Texas Rally - April 17-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the feedback.  We were looking at the map last night and leaning toward pushing through El Paso and maybe stopping in Van Horn as that we it is only a short 200-mile drive in on Sunday so we won't be as rushed.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.  I am sooooo looking forward to the trip and seeing all our friends.  I need a freakin' vacation, I haven't had used a single vacation day since end of October 2015 so I could save them up for this trip and the 2016 RVing season.

Mike.

Mike, if you just want to boondock in Van Horn,  look for the McDonalds (& I think Super 8 next door) - western side of Van Horn on the south side I10.  There is a big lot behind the McDonald's where truckers stop.  If you do stop there and do not want to be in the middle of the truckers park as far south and back as far as you are comfortable. 

Jennifer & Dan

ferfer said:
Mike, if you just want to boondock in Van Horn,  look for the McDonalds (& I think Super 8 next door) - western side of Van Horn on the south side I10.  There is a big lot behind the McDonald's where truckers stop.  If you do stop there and do not want to be in the middle of the truckers park as far south and back as far as you are comfortable. 

Jennifer & Dan

Thank you.

Mike.

Richard, I will call Larry and get him to update the attendees list. Glad to here you and Linda are coming.

My Apologies to Richard & Linda Sharp.  I have them on my list, but I have not updated
the RV Forum page.  We were having a few in and a few out at the time, so I procrastinated
and just didn't stop. . .. HA

We're one month away.  Looking forward to a good party with everyone.  Travel safe and
we will see you down in the BBNP. . . . .

THE Big Larry

Attachments

• BigBend Attendance.docx
    14.3 KB · Views: 35
I left a message for the RV park to call me back so we can make our reservation. We would like to join you all for the rally. Sounds like so much fun and have wanted to see the area!

Think our Ram 3500 dually 4x4 would handle the jeep trails? Hate to miss out on that!  : ;D

Vicki and Mark Shorter

shorts said:
I left a message for the RV park to call me back so we can make our reservation. We would like to join you all for the rally. Sounds like so much fun and have wanted to see the area!

Think our Ram 3500 dually 4x4 would handle the jeep trails? Hate to miss out on that!  : ;D

Vicki and Mark Shorter

Awesome!!  You can set the pace and clear the path all at the same time. ;D

Mike.

shorts said:

Vicki and Mark Shorter

Welcome Mark & Vicki. . . . .

Attachments

14.3 KB · Views: 15
Late entry here.  Mary Ann made campground reservations some time ago but we just got final med clearance to to "go travel".

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Don and Mary Ann

gmsboss1 said:
Late entry here.  Mary Ann made campground reservations some time ago but we just got final med clearance to to "go travel".

Don and Mary Ann

Hi Guys ! ! !    We're thrilled you will be joining us.  We look forward to seeing you guys and
getting caught up.

Updated list is attached for everyone's review.

Attachments

14.4 KB · Views: 50
gmsboss1 said:

Don and Mary Ann

That is AWESOME guys.  Looking forward to seeing you in a month.  Hope all is well.  Travel safely.

Mike.

If your going east on I 10 from N M when you get to the texas border look for  trans mountain MM 6 . Taking this Trans  mountain road by passes El Paso stay on it like 25 miles and it will come out east of El paso by verison city with plenty of big truck stops. There are no more then 10 miles of good Mt with nice pull overs . I very seldom see any trucker taking using Trans mountain.

We are not going to be able to make it to the rally.  :(

I had  hoped to finish up tax season before April 15th and make it to the rally,  Unfortunately, I am so far behind that the extra three days this year will be a godsend.

I'm sure we will see many of you in Yellowstone in May. :)

Photog said:
We are not going to be able to make it to the rally.  :(

I had  hoped to finish up tax season before April 15th and make it to the rally,  Unfortunately, I am so far behind that the extra three days this year will be a godsend.

I'm sure we will see many of you in Yellowstone in May. :)

Sorry you won't make it Bill. . .  I was looking forward to checking out your new Jeep.

We will see you somewhere down the road.  We won't be in Yellowstone, but it sounds
like a great trip.  Have fun, travel safe and tell everyone hello in Y'stone...

THE Big Larry

We're a few short days away from our Big  Bend Rally.  There have been some add on's
and a few drops out but no matter.  Those who can make will have a lot of fun and for
those that cannot, we understand life happens. . .  No problem.  We will see you next time.

For those who ARE coming. . . .BUY GROCERIES BEFORE YOU GET THERE.  We understand
there are some basic items available but a full service grocery is many miles away.  Come
stocked up and ready to rough it for a week or so.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone 'Deep in the Heart of Texas !!!'

THE Big Larry

THE-BigLarry said:
We're a few short days away from our Big  Bend Rally.  There have been some add on's
and a few drops out but no matter.  Those who can make will have a lot of fun and for
those that cannot, we understand life happens. . .  No problem.  We will see you next time.

For those who ARE coming. . . .BUY GROCERIES BEFORE YOU GET THERE.  We understand
there are some basic items available but a full service grocery is many miles away.  Come
stocked up and ready to rough it for a week or so.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone 'Deep in the Heart of Texas !!!'

THE Big Larry

Deep in the heart?????  By the sounds of it we will be quite a bit further "south" than that. ???

Mike.

HELLO ALL ! ! ! !

We want to bring to your attention that we will be having at TWO meals in the park
that will be a Community Effort for your grocery planning.

FIRST - Henry, Gary & I will conduct a Texas Style Fish Fry.  For those in Palo Duro
and other rallies that have had Henry's Fried Fish, you know how good it is.  Bring a
side dish to share and your own table service.  We know you will enjoy fresh Texas Catfish.

SECOND - GRILL NIGHT.  Bring your own meat to grill and a dish to share. 
What ever you want to cook, we will have several grills set up and you can cook your
own.  We have done this at Moab, Palo Duro and several other get togethers.  It's always
fun. 

We also will have some dining out options that we can all take advantage of.  Gary has
lined up some really good options with local restaurants. 

SUNDAY evening we will have our first Happy Hour and Meet & Greet.  We will organize a
schedule then and get the party started. 

We're getting excited to see and meet everyone. 

THE Big Larry et al

Sounds awesome Larry.

We're getting excited.  I need a freakin' vacation before you see my mug on the news. ???

Mike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom