Big Bend National Park,Texas Rally - April 17-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bajarat said:
Understand Mike,

Mapquest says 17:45 by car.....don't know if you have done 10 hour days in your bus or not  ;)

We would sure love to see you and Chrystal there!

We're trying Gary.  I mapquested it last night and it showed 1306 miles equating to 21+ hours. 

When we went to PDC this past May we did just over 1k miles in two days but I was ready to get out of the driver's seat after a 600 mile day and just overf 11 hours of driving.  I think it would be a three day drive each way.  Chrystal and I talked about it last night and she has to see when some meetings for her job are scheduled and make sure they don't overlap and then we may have to show up a day or two late or leave a day or two earyl in order to make the rally, but we're trying.

Mike.

Becks said:
We also hope to make Big Bend this year after missing Palo Duro. Mike, why don't you guys just take the whole month of April off, and we'll go from Big Bend to Elephant Butte,NM for the FMCA Jeep Rally. Now that would be a nice vacation for you guys still working.

We would love to do an extended trip Gary, however, with my job I am not allowed to take that much time off in one stint.  Also, I would hate to burn up all my vacation for the year in one trip.  I need those week long trips every other month and some extended weekend ones in there to keep my sanity.  At least until we are able to retire.

This "work" thing is really getting in the way of us seeing all of our rvforum friends. :(  But then again, if we weren't working it would be a money thing getting in the way. ;D

Mike.

We'll be in Florida during the rally and won't be able to make Big Bend. Have fun.

Unfortunately, the timing doesn't work for us.  With my work not being over until April 15th, no way I could drive there from CA in 2 days, especially being wiped out from work.  We have committed to go the West Yellowstone rally that Kim is organizing for May.  we hope to see many of our forum friends there.  Perhaps many of the Big Bend attendees can make it to Yellowstone by mid-may?  That would be a win-win!  Hope your rally is a huge success.  We love forum rallies!

Steve & Dee

So far all the Party Animals have responded.. . HA  Looks like have
have ourselves a Rally started.  I know many others are looking at
this one (ZMOTORSPORTS).  Come on down to Texas and have some
fun. 

Gary & Andrea         Bajarat
Henry & Margaret Henry Wishard
Larry & Loretta         THE Big Larry
Jan & Olga                 Jan Stiskala
Ned & Lorna         Ned
Charles & Robin         RoadHappy
Ray & Liza                 Liza
Gary & Darlene         Becks

Jan Stiskala said:
Olga and I will be there for sure. Can't wait to see y'all my friends again. How is the booking done this year?.

Jan:  Click on the link in original post.  In the upper bar, click on RV and it will take you to the
page for Maverick Ranch.  You can call the office for Reservations.  I realize you International Folks
will have to fight the time difference, but it will be worth it.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

By the way, we are out of Tim Tam's. . . .

Larry N. said:
We are tentatively planning to go to this one. Sounds like fun.

Larry N.    YOU GOT A NEW JEEP???  AWESOME.
We're looking to trade for a 4 door.  I love the 2door for quick handling,
but 4 doors is just better..  Look forward to seeing it...

THE-BigLarry said:
Larry N.    YOU GOT A NEW JEEP???  AWESOME.
We're looking to trade for a 4 door.  I love the 2door for quick handling,
but 4 doors is just better..  Look forward to seeing it...

It certainly has more room -- it'll even handle rifle cases laying flat if I lower the smaller (left) part of the split rear seat. But it also handles better, rides better and is a lot quieter than our old one. There may be a slight cost in handling certain dips and such, but it's well worth it for all the other improvements. Unlike in the old one, we now leave the rear seat up, rather than folded, most of the time, and still have a little more storage than before.

Love it.

Unfortunately, the timing doesn't work for us.

Yes, us too, sad to say.  It will be our first miss of the spring rally since 2004.  We expect to be on the east coast with family by then, but we'll be following along on your adventures.  Everyone be sure to post lots of photos!

ArdraF

We are going to miss you guys, we are on the east coast now at Bangor , Maine. Working our way to Texas after Boston, The Big Apple, Washington and Omish country.

We're discussing it. We usually leave Mesa at the end of March and spend a month in Dallas. We'll try to figure a way to work this in.  Put down as tentative.

Henry, thanks!  We'll miss you too.  It sounds like you and the others had a great time in Canada.

ArdraF

G'day Larry and Henry,
We have put this on our agenda for 2016. ;D

We are currently near Yosemite, enjoying the smoke from the fires, will probably have to skip Kings Canyon due to brush fires. :'(
Nearly time to return to Australia! :(

Regards
Allen and Suzanne

Finally got a chance to catch up on some Admin. Asst. work.  This looks like the list of
attendees for our Big Bend Bash.  Make your reservations and be sure to mention the
RV Forum Rally and Gary Phillips to be sure we get into the block that Gary has reserved.

Gary & Andrea               Bahrs ? Phillips Bajarat
Gary & Darlene               Becker         Becks
Larry & Loretta               Dodd         THE Big Larry
Ray & Liza                       Down         Liza
Larry & Mary Ann       Nussbaumer Larry N.
Charles & Robin               Phillipus RoadHappy
Ned & Lorna               Reiter         Ned
Michael and Ellen       Schwarz mrschwarz
Jan & Olga                       Stiskala Jan Stiskala
Henry & Margaret       Wishard Henry Wishard
Allen & Suzanne                         Flexitdriver

If your NOT on the list, there is still time.  The links and names are on the
'sticky' top page.  We're looking forward to seeing everyone down Texas Way...

We worked on our schedule today. Put us down for attending. Lived in Texas for 25 years. Never been anywhere near Big Bend.

Hello everyone!

Glad to see that our list is growing.

Reservations can be made with:

Sandy Price.  432.424.5180  She has us listed as: Class A RV Forum.net Rally

More to come,,,,,,

Gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam