Big Bend National Park,Texas Rally - April 17-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andrea and I share the comments of Henry and Larry in their posts and thank all of you that made the trek to Big Bend.  As always, it is such a wonderful experience to see friends from previous rallies and make many new friends as well.

And special thanks to Betty for her daily posts and pics.  She ALWAYS makes a special effort to keep all of the rally attendees informed about daily activities and her posts allow everyone that could not attend an opportunity to share in the experience.

Safe travels to all of you,

Andrea and Gary

A big THANK YOU to Larry and Loretta, Henry and Margaret, Gary and Andrea for the huge effort put into making this rally an outstanding success.
Thanks also to everyone who attended for your participation which contributed to a great Rally, it is one which we will remember for a long time. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Allen and Suzanne

I've seen a couple of posts commending Betty for her pictures and commentary -- I'd like to echo that -- but I'd also like to commend some others who have made one or more posts with pix and commentary, such as Henry, Terry, taoshum and Big Larry. It's been great being able to get some idea of what's going on -- Thanks!

flexitdriver said:
A big THANK YOU to Larry and Loretta, Henry and Margaret, Gary and Andrea for the huge effort put into making this rally an outstanding success.
Thanks also to everyone who attended for your participation which contributed to a great Rally, it is one which we will remember for a long time. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Allen and Suzanne

I'll second that!! Thanks to all our hosts for a great rally.

ken

I always have a big let down the day  after a rally.  I listened  as  rigs pulled  out as  early as o dark thirty when  Ron left.  I swear it wasn't even light yet. One by one, our  friends old and new pulled out heading west, east and north.

Not many went south into  Mexico ( at least I don't think they did)

If  you have not yet attended an RVForum rally, you have missed a great time!  No  matter where we go we bring our love of the RV lifestyle  with our sense of adventure in exploring an area.  This rally had hiking, shooting, eating, fish frying, jeeping, burro riding, trip to Mexico, touring a spectacular National Park  and making new friends! Does not seem to  matter where we go or when, we have a wonderful time.  Sincere thanks to readers of this thread and to all posters on this thread and to rally hosts and participants....as we said last  night  WE ARE FRAMILY!

I took the liberty of uploading all the photos to a dedicated rally album in our Photo Gallery (click the Photos button in the menu above). A big thanks to everyone who took and uploaded photos. Hopefully, I have everyone included in the attribution.

A big THANK YOU to all the rally hosts for all their hard work to put on a really great and fun filled Texas style rally.

John & Carol

Charles and I really enjoyed this week.  Big Bend is a beautiful national park!!  Thanks to all who worked to make it a great rally.  You really outdid yourselves!!

Until we meet again

Charles & Robin

Made Taos earlier today.  We had a 30-40 mph crosswind all the way from Roswell to the point where we crossed the Rio Grande again just west of Taos.  We now appreciate the length of the famous Rio Grande much more...It only took us 2 days but the same trip would have taken the earlier travelers going north from El Paso about 6-8 weeks or more.

Right now the outside temp has reached the low thirties... kinda chilly compared to Lajitas at 101 just a few days ago.  What a change! 

Thanks to all for a great rally. We're headed north east to MN for DR appts . Spent last night in still 90 degree TX, will head to Norman,OK today where it is a bit cooler. Safe travels to all.

Thanks to all our Texas friends for knowing how to host a great rally, we had a ball.  We got further than we thought we would yesterday (460 miles) so we were able to have a real nice visit the Ned & Lorna this morning.  They said the Sharps were arriving this afternoon, so they will get another framily fix...
Sheila

Becks said:
Thanks to all for a great rally. We're headed north east to MN for DR appts . Spent last night in still 90 degree TX, will head to Norman,OK today where it is a bit cooler. Safe travels to all.

Storms in that area.  Tune to Ch 4 KFOR and watch Mike Morgan.  He is the BEST...

Chrystal and I left 10 days ago in a blizzard, spent a week in the Texas 100+ degree heat and returned through snow today and running the furnace all day while traveling.

I was washing the coach and was nearly finished when the sky opened up on us. Now sitting at home relaxing with the furnace running.  :(

Oh well, I'm sure spring will eventually show up.

The rally has barely ended and I am already looking forward to the next one when we can see everyone again.

Mike & Chrystal.

After spending Sunday at 101 degrees we decided to move on to cooler weather. We left Latijas this morning being the last ones to shut the door on a well enjoyed Rally. We only drove 200 miles to Van Horn, Tx where the weather was 20-25 degrees cooler. We will be heading out tomorrow morning to Elephant Butte. Had a great time and thanks to everyone who attended. God Bless Texas!

Wow! Not much original to add to all the great comments on this great Rally!  Mary Ann and I had a wonderful time seeing our old friends and meeting new ones.  Every one a real treat.

Looking forward to seeing you all down the road!

Thanks again.

Don and Mary Ann

Henry Wishard said:
After spending Sunday at 101 degrees we decided to move on to cooler weather. We left Latijas this morning being the last ones to shut the door on a well enjoyed Rally. We only drove 200 miles to Van Horn, Tx where the weather was 20-25 degrees cooler. We will be heading out tomorrow morning to Elephant Butte. Had a great time and thanks to everyone who attended. God Bless Texas!

Lake View RV Park... very, very nice!  Monthly rate helps.  FMCA website has some great Jeep tracks.

Thank you Larry and Henry for a great rally.  I hope I am still able to attend next years rally, wherever it might be.  I haven't replaced the ladder yet, but will soon.  I have reinstalled the ceiling exhaust fan that I had to break into when we got locked out of the coach.  Still have to repair the ceiling though.

Happy and safe travels to you and your brides.

Ron and Shirley

I know that this rally is well over now. We started our trip this year by attending this event. We love to join every rally we can and enjoy to see all our friends we gain trough this forum in past 4 years we visiting usa for holidays.
I would like to express our gratitude to Larry and Loretta, Henry and Margaret, Gary and Andrea for organizing this event. Takes lot of effort to do this and we appreciate the time and dedication.
We hope to be able to attend another rally next year.

Jan and Olga from down under.

New to the RV forum and just doing some browsing thru different areas and saw your post about the rally last year Re: Big Bend read thru it and went to a couple of the various web sites.  sounded really cool and I was wondering how it went?  We are going t Big Bend at end of Feb and looking forward to a lot of the things you had in your posted notice.  I hope you get this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom