Big Bend National Park,Texas Rally - April 17-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good John, thought you guys might like that slight detour on the way home.

I'm having a hard time finding a reservation link to  the Big Ben rally for  April . I know there are several links but im not seeing a park map for Reservations.Would someone send me a link?

There is no map on the web site.  Just call and make your reservation, mentioning the RV Forum rally, and a PDF map of the campground will be attached to your confirmation email.

Here is a picture of the layout of sites for the campground.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 70
Henry Wishard said:
Someone has to keep him in line!. Have you got ahold of the park yet?

Family visit possibly getting in the way.  Then there's the question of whether or not we will have a motorhome.  How many bedrooms does your Tiffin have?  ;)

They have several hundred next door at the hotel. My motor home entertains 6, feeds 4 and sleeps 2. No exceptions except grandchildren.

Thank you. I know Debra wanting to go because all she keeps saying is there's a lot to see in that part of the country Debra's  not letting up with the beg Ben travel guide in front of her.

Glad to see you got in. You want regret it. I tried several times today to get a friend in. Took 5 or 6 times to get them to answer but mission accomplished. See you in Big Bend.

Henry Wishard said:
Took 5 or 6 times to get them to answer but mission accomplished. See you in Big Bend.
Henry, I must be very lucky.  I have called them twice and they picked up both times.  Very friendly and helpful.

I'm looking forward to seeing you and the others in Big Bend.

Bill

Jerry I don't think you are going to find a national forest in the State Park there. The park headquarters for the State Park is over 20 miles off the main highway. The road is all rock and desert. The wife and I drove it last April in our Jeep.
  Larry Dodd will have his Harley with him and there is some great roads to ride in Big Bend. The road going into the basin is very wooded.

Henry Big Bend  has more 800,000 acres of mt and cliffs your saying all the roads are dirt? Every national forest I have been to has some of the best roads for scenic riding. Big Bend stat park  is 300,000  acres of desert wildness . I hope Lajitas RV park has  paved roads to it. It looks like  Lajitas centrally located. I don't have a jeep only 2 small ATV. That is  good Larry is bringing  his Harley . I remember him from Quartzsite  this year we had bike trouble kinda of messed  Quartzsite up for Debra an I.

Jerry, I was referring to the Texas state park you mentioned above. There is no paved roads in that park. Now in Big Bend all the main roads are paved.

jerryg@deb said:
Any one bring there Harley ? I'm looking forward to riding an sight seeing the Big Bend National forest an Texas largest state park.

We are on the fence about bringing the bike.  When I talked to Maverick RV Park they said they had plenty of room for our trailer, but with the Jeep trails I don't know if there will be time for bike riding.  Wife and I are still contemplating and will more than likely change our minds several times before we depart for the rally.

Mike.

Very happy to see everyone that is coming out to Big Bend !  Of the many things to look forward to is you will see more stars and man-made space objects(orbital debris) streaking across the sky than you have ever seen before.  Maverick Ranch RV Park has a strict no light pollution policy to allow for all to enjoy this.

In making reservations, you can also ask to be connected to Maverick Ranch and speak with the park manager Tony.  She will honor the rally rate for early arrivals and later departures. 

Ned:

Can you change the date on the rally post to the 24th?

That was a noob mistake on my part and I will contact the park today and clear things up them.

Thanks,
Gary

It's done, but only on the first message.  I don't think I can change all the message subjects.  I also update the calendar.

Back
Top Bottom