Big Bend National Park,Texas Rally - April 17-24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a item worth mentioning, I have been communicating with a gentleman from another forum who is currently staying at the Maverick RV Ranch resort and he commented that the water pressure is excessively high there, over 85 PSI.  I wanted to remind everyone to make certain to use a pressure regulator on their rigs so no surprises sneak up on you.

Thanks.

Mike.

I can commiserate with Bill (photog) about tax season getting in the way of travels.  We are really going to miss all the Framily that is going to Big Bend.  Hope everyone has a great time.  Post lots of pictures.  We will be at Yellowstone and look forward to all who are making it there.

Happy travels,

Steve & Dee

We will hoist a cup of cheer to you working class guys while we're partying in BB.

Yellowstone looks good, but timing for us is bad.  Go and enjoy, and hoist that cup in
return towards us.  I think we will be stuck in OK City doing MD/DDS/DDO appointments.
Tis the season for the annual prostate check. . . . . . . . .

THE Big Larry

Shooting Sports Day in Lajitas

Just a reminder. We will have a day scheduled for everyone that would like to enjoy a day of shooting targets and clay pigeons at a private ranch during our rally.

For those of you that will not be bringing a firearm but would enjoy busting a few caps, I will be bringing:

.45 pistol
9mm pistol
12 ga shotgun
20 ga shotgun
AR-15 rifle (.223/5.56)

You are welcome to shoot any or all of them but you will need to supply your own ammunition. 

If you have any questions, please pm me.

See you in Lajitas!

Gary

We are not going to be able to make it to the rally.  :(  We took the grandkids to Texas for spring break a couple weeks ago to see their other grandparents and on the way back to Indiana, the water tank fell out of the RV onto the highway! Drug it a little ways till someone flagged us over. Unfortunately, the repair won't be made in time for us to make the trip. We were so looking forward to the rally! Have fun everyone. Hopefully we can catch another one down the road.

Vicki

Vickie and Mark, we a very sorry to hear about you problem with the RV. Will be missing you both. Hurry up and get that repair and get on the road again. There will be many more rally's down the road.

gmsboss1 said:
Late entry here.  Mary Ann made campground reservations some time ago but we just got final med clearance to to "go travel".

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Don and Mary Ann
I am so glad that you are ok and can make it. We have to have BBQ together.

We are in Elephant Butte, NM finishing up an FMCA Jeep rally.  I would like to  " be on some agenda" to let  rally members know of an FMCA benefit we all have with  FMCA membership.  One of our  members had a heart event  and was airlifted to Hospital in Albuquerque.  Because I got him the  phone numbers to call,  his wife's airfare from MT to NM was covered and his motorhome will be driven home to  MT by FMCA. I'd like a few minutes of your time so you can program the  number into your phone!

If you don't call in time , coverage is less likely!

We plan on having two meals in a group as well as Ron Marabito's presentation of his latest images.
We will also have our initial meet & greet on Sunday evening and there will likely be a Happy Hour
every day. 

You can choose what ever time you feel appropriate to provide this very worthwhile info to our group.

Monkey and I are also willing to add popular Australian game called Give me a break darling. It is so popular in male population of Australia.
We can have that right after Happy hours. :p

Bring firewood if you can!

I have arranged for a late afternoon/ evening Jeep trek into an old mining camp where I have a very good local musician that will be playing around a big fire for us.  It should be a very fun experience for everyone.

So, if you can, please bring some firewood and kindling along with you. 

We arrived late last night.  The evenings are nice and pleasant with temps in the mid to high 80's in the afternoons however with shade the temps are fine.

Gary and Andrea

My lady had a sudden heart issue  few weeks ago. I canceled space 29 yesterday. The cardiologist said there is no permanent damage R@R. Have fun may be another rally in the future.Thank You all grate information and organized event.

Betty Brewer said:
We are in Elephant Butte, NM finishing up an FMCA Jeep rally.  I would like to  " be on some agenda" to let  rally members know of an FMCA benefit we all have with  FMCA membership.  One of our  members had a heart event  and was airlifted to Hospital in Albuquerque.  Because I got him the  phone numbers to call,  his wife's airfare from MT to NM was covered and his motorhome will be driven home to  MT by FMCA. I'd like a few minutes of your time so you can program the  number into your phone!

If you don't call in time , coverage is less likely!

Betty, why not post the number so those not attending will have it.  Then when you're at the Rally, you can remind everyone so those that have CRS, like me, can make a timely note.  ;)

Rolling up and leaving this morning for Big Bend, should arrive tomorrow evening. Received the local news paper in Terlingua. Seems the week we are there is free entrance to the park. This will help those younger guest that don't have the old folks card.

We will arrive today about Noon or so.  I want to repeat Gary's request that if anyone can
locate and obtain some FIREWOOD please do so. . . . . . 

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone. . . . .

THE Big Larry

New friends George and Diane Martin  are going to  join us and will arrive on Saturday.  Please welcome them as newcomers.  They were with us on our Elephant Butte FMCA 4 Wheeler Jeep with a bright yellow jeep!

Terry and Betty  will arrive  on Sunday .
So excited to see everyone!
BB

Olga and I arrived Today. Park looks good and we have also free internet here. Not good for streaming movies , but our e-mails and Facebook work fine.

Glad to hear some of you are starting to arrive safe and sound.  I have been burning the midnight oil for the past several weeks now and I am finally checking off the last item on my list tonight so I can relax and enjoy the drive, and what a drive it will be.

I received a private message from David, aka Thunderfoot, earlier today stating that he was saddened that he had to cancel due to some unforeseen issues but wanted to express his thanks for the warm welcome he had received on the forum.  He hopes to be able to meet up with the group at a later date and location.

See "ya'll" soon.  See, I'm already practicing my "Texan" language. ;)  I should have it nailed down by the time we get there.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom