Tire Pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peregrine

Morning-headed to Core Banks of North Carolina surf casting-what's a good tire pressure for beach-33" tires/4" lift (02 Wrangler) ?
Thanks 

As low as you can go  :D.  How low depends on your wheels, the factory "Moab" wheels on the TJ/LJ (03-06) can easily handle 10-12 pounds without breaking a bead.  Aftermarket wheels - who knows.  You are probably safe trying 12 pounds, you might be able to go to 10 pounds if 12 works out okay.

I have beadlocker wheels and usually run hard trails at 6-8 psi, easier trails at 10 psi.  When we run dunes, I'm at 6 psi for flotation and go as fast as possible with both axles locked up.

In Delaware they make you take pressure down to no more than 15psi. They also have hoses to re-inflate when you leave the beach.

John Canfield said:
As low as you can go  :D.  How low depends on your wheels, the factory "Moab" wheels on the TJ/LJ (03-06) can easily handle 10-12 pounds without breaking a bead.  Aftermarket wheels - who knows.  You are probably safe trying 12 pounds, you might be able to go to 10 pounds if 12 works out okay.

I have beadlocker wheels and usually run hard trails at 6-8 psi, easier trails at 10 psi.  When we run dunes, I'm at 6 psi for flotation and go as fast as possible with both axles locked up.

Ditto

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom