Residential Refrigerator--How level does it need to be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zmotorsports

I am sure this may be a silly question but I cannot fint the answer to this question anywhere.  I am very familiar with large industrial ammonia refrigeration systems but these little ones in refrigerators get less of my attention in RV's. ;D

My thinking would be seeing as how they have a compressor to push/force the refrigerant around the system they are less effected by level than their absorption cousins found in most RV's.

The reason for my asking is my driveway is at about a 6-degree angle.  It is just outside of the range of my air leveling system on our Dynasty so I pull the drive axle up on some large lam-beam blocks prior to a trip and start the refrigerator.  Has worked perfectly for the past 20+ years and multiple coaches.

Now that I have installed a new Samsung residential refrigerator it would be nice to be able to just keep the refrigerator running and not have to pull up on blocks to level up before starting the refrigerator a few days before a trip.

If anyone could answer my question as to the importance of the residential refrigerator's levelness I would appreciate it.  After looking online and in the owners manual they obviously state to level the refrigerator but it is also assuming this is going into a stationary stick and brick house, not in a house going down the road.

Thank you.

Mike.

Short of being laid on its side, the residential fridge could care less about being level.  The compressor will be fine. The condensation drainage system inside likes to be upright, but even 10 degrees wouldn't be a concern.

Thanks. I was wondering, too, since we're not exactly level in the backyard.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Short of being laid on its side, the residential fridge could care less about being level.  The compressor will be fine. The condensation drainage system inside likes to be upright, but even 10 degrees wouldn't be a concern.

Thanks Gary, I appreciate the feedback.  I have looked and looked and could find nothing but my instinct told me that seeing as how it used a compressor to move the refrigerant it would be less concerned about level.

That will be nice to not have to pull the coach up on blocks prior to departing on a trip and just leave the refrigerator on all summer long.

Mike.

Mike,
You are gonna love love love that refrigerator.  Glad Terry was able to convince you!  Thanks  for your note.
BB

Betty Brewer said:
Mike,
You are gonna love love love that refrigerator.  Glad Terry was able to convince you!  Thanks  for your note.
BB

Thanks Betty.  I was on the fence for a while but I was convinced when we were in Texas at the rally.  Although I was going to wait until next spring to actually swap it out. :(  Oh well, it is in and done now so I am glad I did it vs. waiting.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom