EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Plugs not working  (Read 1005 times)

JosephSalas

Plugs not working
« on: September 05, 2015, 02:08:45 PM »
Ok first timer,so my refrigerator is not working and my outside plug either and 2 plugs on the inside dead 2 I checked the breakers by just flipping them and all fuses check out to there good ,last I did have one inside socket with a GFI that I pushed to reset and it did nothing although when I put a plug checker to c is  I have power to the plug when I hit the reset on the gfi the lights on the checker blinks.any idea's. .

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
Re: Plugs not working
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 02:21:20 PM »
Bad connection.. 2nd GFCI. and that about covers the suspect list.

The outside pulg is normally GFCI protectred.. This does not mean it is a GFCI, it means there is one SOMEWHERE that feeds power to it (normally the bathroom but some RV's have two,,, or more).

I have had connections fail enough to give he "hot wire" smell in the Quick Box outlets used in RV's others have had them fail totally.. I have had stranded to romex connections (Such as in back of the GFCI) fail utterly as well.

That would be my suspect #1
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

scottydl

• Admin assist
  • ---
  • Central IL
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 05:16:33 PM »
Do you have other inside plugs that ARE working?  It does sound like a GFI problem.  Those plugs as well as breakers can wear out and need replacement over time. 

Also, it's clear that you likely typed your message from a cell phone... but a little punctuation will go a long way to making your messages easier to read.  ;)
Scott, wife, 3 boys... and the dog
- 2008 Forest River Wildwood 32BHDS
- 1995 Chevrolet Suburban C2500 tow vehicle
- 1994 Thor Residency motorhome... owned 2007-2012

JosephSalas

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 05:59:33 PM »
Yes from a cell phone out camping the only thing with a connection, and yes we have only one plug working at the moment. ..

PaulinBaja

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 09:08:40 PM »
It does sound like a GFCI issue.  BUT when you check the breakers, not the fuses, make certain you push them into the off position with a little force.  If the breaker tripped you may need the force to reset it when you turn it back on.

legrandnormand

• ---
  • Retired and enjoying it since 1995
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »
Jos...do you have a large inverter that could furnish electricity to your different plugs, including your fridge ?
On the inverter, there is a breaker to check...
Good luck !
Normand
Trois-Rivieres, QC, Canada
2010 Gulfstream Independance, model 8367
2009 Smart Cabriolet

Hosted by Over The Network