Plugs not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JosephSalas

Ok first timer,so my refrigerator is not working and my outside plug either and 2 plugs on the inside dead 2 I checked the breakers by just flipping them and all fuses check out to there good ,last I did have one inside socket with a GFI that I pushed to reset and it did nothing although when I put a plug checker to c is  I have power to the plug when I hit the reset on the gfi the lights on the checker blinks.any idea's. .

Bad connection.. 2nd GFCI. and that about covers the suspect list.

The outside pulg is normally GFCI protectred.. This does not mean it is a GFCI, it means there is one SOMEWHERE that feeds power to it (normally the bathroom but some RV's have two,,, or more).

I have had connections fail enough to give he "hot wire" smell in the Quick Box outlets used in RV's others have had them fail totally.. I have had stranded to romex connections (Such as in back of the GFCI) fail utterly as well.

That would be my suspect #1

Do you have other inside plugs that ARE working?  It does sound like a GFI problem.  Those plugs as well as breakers can wear out and need replacement over time. 

Also, it's clear that you likely typed your message from a cell phone... but a little punctuation will go a long way to making your messages easier to read.  ;)

Yes from a cell phone out camping the only thing with a connection, and yes we have only one plug working at the moment. ..

It does sound like a GFCI issue.  BUT when you check the breakers, not the fuses, make certain you push them into the off position with a little force.  If the breaker tripped you may need the force to reset it when you turn it back on.

Jos...do you have a large inverter that could furnish electricity to your different plugs, including your fridge ?
On the inverter, there is a breaker to check...
Good luck !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom