Pex plumbing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

I replaced a faucet today and when I pulled the connector away from the faucet connection the rubber seal in the connectors came out.  I was able to put the seals back in and for the time being I have the faucet installed and it is finally not leaking.  It took 4 tries and tightening them all the way to insanity.  The seals were in pretty sad shape.

Are the seals in Pex to faucet connectors replacible?  Sold separately?  Is it possible to take one out of a similar connector and put it in the old connectors?

Thanks,
Russ

Russ, when I replaced my kitchen faucets there were shut off valves at the end of the pex piping.  However, I have repaired oopses with compression fittings bought at a local RV parts place.  I'm sure that any big box hardware would have similar compression fittings/shut offs which would allow you to use standard connections for the faucet.

Ed

Last winter, I was close to a Camping World and I purchased them there. If I remember correctly, they didn't give them away because I wanted to buy a few extras to have on hand and decided to only buy one. I would try Home Depot first like Ed said and go from there. At least you know they available at CW.

There are various kinds of fittings used on the faucet-to-water line connection, but I would think any of those fittings would be replaceable. Parts to go inside the slip-on Pex fittings may be hard to find, though. Hardware or home stores, or plumbing supply shops will have them if anybody does. They may even be simple O-rings? Pex "push to connect" fittings are standard items.

Is this a fitting that came on the faucet itself, or the one on the water line?

You can also use compression fittings on Pex, e.g. Flair-it or Apollo. They just hand-tighten and are as easy as the push-on type.

I found a picture of exactly what I need, sort of.  What I need is just the tapered rubber washer shown on the inside of the swivel connector.  What I don't want to do is replace the entire connector.  I.e buying either a shark bite or similar push on, or a crimping tool and crimps as would be required with the connector shown.

The connections are not leaking now, but my water pressure is nowhere near our normal 60PSI so I'd like to have a few of the seals/o-rings/washers on hand for when they do start leaking.

I have a feeling the 'smart' thing to do would be to have a supply of Pex, connectors, cutting tool, crimping tool etc in my travel kit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 34
Like I said earlier, Camping World has those tapered washers and I would think any RV store would also have them. You could try a big box store. Let us know how you make out.

I'm going to be driving right by a Camping World next week so I'll probably try a hardware store first.

8Muddypaws said:
I'm going to be driving right by a Camping World next week so I'll probably try a hardware store first.

I believe this is what you need

http://www.dyersonline.com/flair-it-1-2-saniprene-10-pack-of-swivel-seals.html

I have a pack of 10 that I will send you, PM your address, I can send it out on Tuesday

Rob

Attachments

• Swivel seal.jpg
    Swivel seal.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 17
Might work but that doesn't look anything like what came out.  At the local ACE today I looked at hundreds of different o-rings, washers, & what nots and found those as well.

I bought a couple of flat rubber washers, which look a little bit more like what came out.  I'll stop a CW next week and get a couple of tapered ones.  Since I'm planning on replacing the kitchen faucet soon I'll probably need them all eventually.

Back
Top Bottom