Question about Samsung S4 Hotspot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elly Dalmaijer

I have successfully set up hotspots with my old Huawei, but now that I try to do the same with my Samsung S4 I do get everything connected, but the connected device (iPad or laptop) does not get on the internet. My phone tells me it is connected to the device and the device lets me know it is connected to the phones hotspot. But it does not get on the web.

Is there an extra step I should take?

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Elly

I can not be sure. As I recall Samsung phones default to a more secure hot spot but I'm not in a position to test just now.

If all else fails take Laptop or I-Pad along with phone to your provider's phone store (not a Wal-mart) and see if their people can make it work and show you how.

You may need to add the Device's (I-pad Laptop etc) MAC (media Access Control) number to the phone's white list of devices that can connect.

OR in my case add the phone to my Firewall's (On the device) list of devices it can connect to.  But I doubt that is your problem epically with the Ipad.

For my S5, I run pdanet+.  I just turn on Mobile Hotspot on my phone, and pdanet takes over.  Advantage is I don't pay Verizon for using my phone as a hotspot.  I did have to pay for pdanet+  but don't remember how much.

Unfortunately, PdaNet+ won't work on all phones, like my Moto X.  It does work on all Verizon Samsung phones.  Since I have an unlimited data plan, I turn on the mobile hotspot feature when I need it and it only costs my $1/day until I turn it off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom