Dream Coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oscar Mike

I was bored the other day and decided to peruse the Jayco Seneca models at my local dealer via the interweb as I do on a somewhat regular basis. Lo-and-behold they have my dream coach in stock, just arrived earlier in the week, a Jayco Seneca 37TS. Now I can't get the darn thing off my mind, it is priced a bit high.

I know that I'll be buying a 37TS in the next few years, but who knows maybe I can find a quick sale for my Winnebago Aspect, and make a quicker transition.

What a stunning looking coach. You must be rich to be trading in a 2014 on a 2015. ;D I can only dream about the advantages of seven more feet of room. If I were a gambling man, and I'm not, I would bet that beast is parked in your driveway by tomorrow night. Good luck.

SeilerBird said:
What a stunning looking coach. You must be rich to be trading in a 2014 on a 2015. ;D I can only dream about the advantages of seven more feet of room. If I were a gambling man, and I'm not, I would bet that beast is parked in your driveway by tomorrow night. Good luck.

Rich is a very relative term...and for the life of me I can't find the son-of-a-gun in my family tree. Don't make any bets, I am only dreaming at this point.

Hey John, if you get it now you should be able to have it ready to go to St. George next month. ;D  I'll expect to get a tour of the new Seneca.

Mike.

Dreams can sometimes become reality John. I'll get in line for a tour in ST George as well.

I like your dream coach as well, but don't worry, I'm only half way into buy mode.

Sell that Winne first...slightly delayed dreams are usually savored better when they come together than emotional buy highs that for me are only good for about 24 hours.  There will always be another Seneca around the corner if you are willing not to be too overly price focused on that, from my perspective, imaginary good deal.

I like the mechanical access and safety of siting in a truck like setting, and they have a jake brake as well.

This weekend I started my onsite research...traveling to a couple of RV parks and chatting up the owners. The RV Hauler's semi truck matched with a 5th wheel has a certain draw for me, but equal to that draw is a Newmar dp pulling a jeep. The wife wants the jeep and she tends to have a say. I do know that I can not tow an Airstream behind the jeep so the Airstream is out...I have to have an excuse to avoid the Airstream salespeople when I'm working part time for the local Airstream dealer as a service advisor.

The nice thing about a used dp when you hit 40 feet is that there are a tremendous amount of opportunities out there for a diy oriented personality within a very interesting price range...and not too much of a stretch to suggest the words "best buys" in my typically arrogant opinion...got my Make American Great Again ball cap from Trump!!!

RodgerS said:
I like the mechanical access and safety of siting in a truck like setting, and they have a jake brake as well.

The Cummins ISB isn't going to have a compression brake.  More than likely an exhaust brake. 

Mike.

You are right Mike, I checked the website - an exhaust brake, not a jake brake, and yes an an ISB. Maybe it was the rv semi haulers I was thinking of and or Dynamax, but on to other things.

zmotorsports said:
Hey John, if you get it now you should be able to have it ready to go to St. George next month. ;D  I'll expect to get a tour of the new Seneca.

Mike.

If all of the planets, stars, moons, line up at the perfect time then maybe. On a serious note, I am truly looking forward to seeing you folks in St. George, more than likely Susan is staying home with the business while I go and play in the red dirt.

zmotorsports said:
The Cummins ISB isn't going to have a compression brake.  More than likely an exhaust brake. 

Mike.

I would be pleased as punch with an exhaust brake over my Tow/Haul mode...

If I was a long haul trucker, driving cross-country, hauling heavy loads, and putting 100,000 mi./yr. on the rig, I'd want and need a diesel.  Other than that, I view a large diesel chassis, on a motor home, as a status thing.
It's your money, and if that's the way you want to spend it, so be it.
But lets be honest here, and call it for what it is, a big toy, and nothing more than vanity, and bragging rights!

wow I hope that was supposed to be sarcasm? if not maybe your the guy a passed on my last trip? we purchased our dp because there were 4 of us and my dad had a stroke and could not just sit. we needed as much room as possible, not status.

rebelsun said:
But lets be honest here, and call it for what it is, a big toy, and nothing more than vanity, and bragging rights!
If you are going to tow a card and/or drive in the mountains then a diesel is the best way to go. It has nothing to do with bragging rights or being a big toy. It is a question of the right tool for the right job. There are no bragging rights. Who are you going to brag to?

rebelsun said:
If I was a long haul trucker, driving cross-country, hauling heavy loads, and putting 100,000 mi./yr. on the rig, I'd want and need a diesel.  Other than that, I view a large diesel chassis, on a motor home, as a status thing.
It's your money, and if that's the way you want to spend it, so be it.

Dang dude... :eek:, I read something the other day that seems like an appropriate response to your terse posting...

"Don't let someone who has given up on their dreams talk you out of yours".

Oscar Mike said:
Dang dude... :eek:, I read something the other day that seems like an appropriate response to your terse posting...

"Don't let someone who has given up on their dreams talk you out of yours".
I haven't given up on any dreams.  I'm retired from a career which I enjoyed, and have embarked upon "my time", to do what I want, when I want, on my own schedule, or to just do nothing, if that's what I want to do.
Professionally I achieved my goals, and then some, and now, I'm working on my bucket list.  Things like an Alaskan Cruise, and the Panama Canal by ship are two of them.  The South Pacific is also there on my bucket list.  I've spent a substantial amount of time in Europe, mostly Germany, Italy, Austria, Greece, Prague, and Amsterdam.  Then there was Hawaii, Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean, on numerous occasions.

But that's me.  That's how I choose to spend my money, not on a very large diesel pusher, which limits me on where I can take it, and not to anyplace that exists on my current bucket list!  For those places, I need an aircraft, or ship. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom